Westinghouse: Kozloduy Unit 7 Price Is Below 10% Of Bulgaria's GDP
The estimated price of Unit 7 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP would be below 10% of the country's GDP, said Westinghouse Electric in a statement.
According to Michael Kirst, Westinghouse Electric VP for strategic development and foreign markets for Europe, Middle East and Africa, the price of electricity, generated by the Westinghouse AP-1000 unit will be the lowest of all currently existing alternatives for electricity production.
Kirst's comment came in response to the Friday statment of Vasil Shtonov, Bulgaria's caretaker energy minister, that the total cost of building Unit 7 of Kozloduy's NPP would amount to over 15% of Bulgaria's GDP and the country would also have to shoulder the entire risk and the burden of financing it.
- » Bulgarian Government to Establish Energy Security Council
- » Bulgarian Energy Commission Postpones Price Increase Decision
- » Westinghouse-led Group Wins EU Funding to Diversify Nuclear Fuel Supply to VVER Reactors
- » Bulgaria to Rely on Azerbaijan for Achieving Greater Energy Diversification – President
- » Bulgaria-Greece Gas Link Has Potential to Break Russian Monopoly – FM
- » Russia Does U-Turn on Ukraine Gas Transit