Westinghouse: Kozloduy Unit 7 Price Is Below 10% Of Bulgaria's GDP
The estimated price of Unit 7 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP would be below 10% of the country's GDP, said Westinghouse Electric in a statement.
According to Michael Kirst, Westinghouse Electric VP for strategic development and foreign markets for Europe, Middle East and Africa, the price of electricity, generated by the Westinghouse AP-1000 unit will be the lowest of all currently existing alternatives for electricity production.
Kirst's comment came in response to the Friday statment of Vasil Shtonov, Bulgaria's caretaker energy minister, that the total cost of building Unit 7 of Kozloduy's NPP would amount to over 15% of Bulgaria's GDP and the country would also have to shoulder the entire risk and the burden of financing it.
- » Bulgaria Ex-Energy Min 'Demoted' in Parliament over Pending Allegations
- » Bulgaria, Russia Sign Debt Settlement Deal on Belene Nuclear Project
- » Service Life of Unit 5 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Extended Until 2047
- » Bulgaria's Energy Min Defends Predecessor in Belene Nuclear Case
- » Fuel Prices in Bulgaria Not To Increase This Winter
- » First Sections of North Stream 2 To Be Ready in November