Westinghouse: Kozloduy Unit 7 Price Is Below 10% Of Bulgaria's GDP
The estimated price of Unit 7 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP would be below 10% of the country's GDP, said Westinghouse Electric in a statement.
According to Michael Kirst, Westinghouse Electric VP for strategic development and foreign markets for Europe, Middle East and Africa, the price of electricity, generated by the Westinghouse AP-1000 unit will be the lowest of all currently existing alternatives for electricity production.
Kirst's comment came in response to the Friday statment of Vasil Shtonov, Bulgaria's caretaker energy minister, that the total cost of building Unit 7 of Kozloduy's NPP would amount to over 15% of Bulgaria's GDP and the country would also have to shoulder the entire risk and the burden of financing it.
- » Bulgaria to Present Balkan Gas Hub Options Next Week
- » CGN shows interest in Bulgaria's Belene Project
- » Bulgaria, Azerbaijan to Discuss Expansion of Trade, Economic Links Next Month
- » Bulgargaz Proposes 3.4% Increase of Gas Price for Q4 2016
- » Bulgaria PM: Belene N-Plant Should Be Built Privately with State Help
- » South Stream, Turkish Stream Are No Rival Projects - Russia Energy Min