Westinghouse: Kozloduy Unit 7 Price Is Below 10% Of Bulgaria's GDP
The estimated price of Unit 7 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP would be below 10% of the country's GDP, said Westinghouse Electric in a statement.
According to Michael Kirst, Westinghouse Electric VP for strategic development and foreign markets for Europe, Middle East and Africa, the price of electricity, generated by the Westinghouse AP-1000 unit will be the lowest of all currently existing alternatives for electricity production.
Kirst's comment came in response to the Friday statment of Vasil Shtonov, Bulgaria's caretaker energy minister, that the total cost of building Unit 7 of Kozloduy's NPP would amount to over 15% of Bulgaria's GDP and the country would also have to shoulder the entire risk and the burden of financing it.
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party will Officially File a Request for Suspension of the CEZ Deal
- » Oil Prices Continue to Rise
- » The Bulgarian Cabinet said "Yes" to Restart the Nuclear Power Plant "Belene", China Wants to Invest
- » Bulgarian Minister of Energy: We will Bring the Belene NPP Report to Parliament within Days
- » The Future Gas Hub near Varna Became an Object of National Importance for Bulgaria
- » The Exploration of Oil and Gas Deposits near Vratsa is Extended