Westinghouse: Kozloduy Unit 7 Price Is Below 10% Of Bulgaria's GDP
The estimated price of Unit 7 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP would be below 10% of the country's GDP, said Westinghouse Electric in a statement.
According to Michael Kirst, Westinghouse Electric VP for strategic development and foreign markets for Europe, Middle East and Africa, the price of electricity, generated by the Westinghouse AP-1000 unit will be the lowest of all currently existing alternatives for electricity production.
Kirst's comment came in response to the Friday statment of Vasil Shtonov, Bulgaria's caretaker energy minister, that the total cost of building Unit 7 of Kozloduy's NPP would amount to over 15% of Bulgaria's GDP and the country would also have to shoulder the entire risk and the burden of financing it.
- » China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Launches Natural Gas Hub Project with EU Support
- » European Energy Forum in Sofia
- » New Air-Electric Line Will be Built Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » CEZ will Explore Possibilities for Bulgarian State to Participate in the Deal
- » The Ministry of Energy will Check the Heating in Pernik