Chief Cashier of Bulgaria’s Corpbank Released on Bail
Margarita Petrova, Chief Cashier of Bulgaria’s troubled Corporate Commercial Bank, has been released on bail, the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR) reported on Friday.
Petrova, who had been in custody for a month, was released on Wednesday, BNR said, attributing the information to its own sources.
There has been no immediate comment from the prosecuting authorities, BNR added.
Petrova and three other officials of Corporate Commercial Bank (Corpbank or KTB) were detained in mid-July as part of an investigation into the suspected illicit withdrawal of BGN 206 M from the bank on behalf of the its majority owner Tsvetan Vasilev.
A lawyer for Petrova said last month that her client would plead not guilty. Vassilev has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna