Chief Cashier of Bulgaria’s Corpbank Released on Bail
Margarita Petrova, Chief Cashier of Bulgaria’s troubled Corporate Commercial Bank, has been released on bail, the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR) reported on Friday.
Petrova, who had been in custody for a month, was released on Wednesday, BNR said, attributing the information to its own sources.
There has been no immediate comment from the prosecuting authorities, BNR added.
Petrova and three other officials of Corporate Commercial Bank (Corpbank or KTB) were detained in mid-July as part of an investigation into the suspected illicit withdrawal of BGN 206 M from the bank on behalf of the its majority owner Tsvetan Vasilev.
A lawyer for Petrova said last month that her client would plead not guilty. Vassilev has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses