Chief Cashier of Bulgaria’s Corpbank Released on Bail
Margarita Petrova, Chief Cashier of Bulgaria’s troubled Corporate Commercial Bank, has been released on bail, the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR) reported on Friday.
Petrova, who had been in custody for a month, was released on Wednesday, BNR said, attributing the information to its own sources.
There has been no immediate comment from the prosecuting authorities, BNR added.
Petrova and three other officials of Corporate Commercial Bank (Corpbank or KTB) were detained in mid-July as part of an investigation into the suspected illicit withdrawal of BGN 206 M from the bank on behalf of the its majority owner Tsvetan Vasilev.
A lawyer for Petrova said last month that her client would plead not guilty. Vassilev has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.
- » 3460 Vehicles Were Stolen in Bulgaria in 2015
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Migrant Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgaria Reveals Names of Suspected Attackers of Alexei Petrov
- » Crime Rate in Bulgaria Decreased by 4.5 % in 2015 - Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Captain 'Found Dead' near Vienna
- » Bulgaria Police Arrest Alleged Mastermind of Attack on Ex-Security Agent