Photo Exhibition Of Sofia's Old Public Baths To Be Set Up
An open air photo exhibition of Sofia's old public baths will be set up in front of the National Theatre “Ivan Vazov”, starting August 28.
Photographer Zdravko Yonchev has taken pictures of the mineral baths in the districts of Ovcha Kupel, Gorna Banya, Bankya and the Central Sofia Bath – all of them long since disused and in disrepair.
Yonchev and another photographer, Martin Radnev, did a time lapse video of the public bath in Bankya, which is in better condition than the others and was in use until 15 years ago.
The goal of the exhibition is to show the beauty of those old buildings and to provoke a public discussion on their future.
The exhibition will be on till September 10.
- » Valuable Ancient Jewelry Found in Private Home in Bulgaria's Nikopol
- » 8-century Old Church in Melnik Now Opens for Visitors
- » Ralitsa Petrova's ''Bezbog" Awarded at Prestigious Sarajevo Film Fest
- » Famous Israeli Musician Idan Raichel's Show Comes to Sofia Next Month
- » Sudanese Musician Alfateh Hussain to Visit Bulgaria with His Show
- » Bulgaria's Burgas Hosting Summer Chaos Festival on Saturday