Photo Exhibition Of Sofia's Old Public Baths To Be Set Up
An open air photo exhibition of Sofia's old public baths will be set up in front of the National Theatre “Ivan Vazov”, starting August 28.
Photographer Zdravko Yonchev has taken pictures of the mineral baths in the districts of Ovcha Kupel, Gorna Banya, Bankya and the Central Sofia Bath – all of them long since disused and in disrepair.
Yonchev and another photographer, Martin Radnev, did a time lapse video of the public bath in Bankya, which is in better condition than the others and was in use until 15 years ago.
The goal of the exhibition is to show the beauty of those old buildings and to provoke a public discussion on their future.
The exhibition will be on till September 10.
- » Bulgarian Actress Stoyanka Mutafova Storms Guiness Book of World Records
- » Romanians in Bulgaria Mark Day of Culture
- » Bulgaria Nominates Magurata Cave to UNESCO’s World Heritage List
- » Bulgarian Cinema Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- » UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova Declared Honorary Citizen of Sofia
- » Director Aleksandar Morfov Heads Bulgaria's National Theater after Quitting