Lucky Winner from Sofia Hits BGN 7.2 M Jackpot Of Toto Lottery
A lucky winner guessed the six digits of the Thursday draw of Bulgaria's toto lottery and will walk away with the jackpot of BGN 7 258 184, report the media.
The ticket with the winning digits 6, 7, 10, 13, 22, 26 of the 6/49 game was bought for BGN 2.80 in Sofia.
This is the third largest jackpot in the more than 50 years of history of Bulgaria's Sports Totalizator.
It was accumulated after two Varna teenagers were caught trying to claim the BGN 5 026 320 jackpot from the June 26 draw with a fake ticket. Last week the sum was added to the already accumulated jackpot.
Meanwhile, the Sofia Appellate Court ordered the two 19-year-old cousins Nikolai Marinov and Prodan Marinov to remain in custody. They are charged with attempted financial fraud of extremely large size.
According to the prosecution, minutes after the June 26 draw of the lottery, the Totalizator computer system detected unauthorised access with the password of one of the system administrators.
The IP address was of Nikolai Marinov's father's computer. Allegedly Nikolai submitted an electronic ticket with the winning digits, changed the time of the submission and logged out.
Upon detecting the unauthorised access and the system discrepancies, the Totalizator management alerted the authorities and set up the trap, which snapped last week.
The other young man – Prodan Marinov was arrested in Sofia when tried to claim the prize with a torn paper toto ticket, saying that it was torn in an argument. The serial number corresponded to the “winning” entry, but the digit combination was missing. His cousin Nikolai was arrested shortly after that.
- » Nationalists Attack Ukrainian Anti-Night Wolves Demo in Bulgaria's Burgas
- » Rainfall, Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Search Team Finds Dead Body of Missing Young Man in Bulgaria’s Maritsa River
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides BGN 26 M to Municipalities for Education
- » Body of Girl Found Nearly Month After She Went Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
- » Man Dies After Pursuit with Police in Bulgaria's Plovdiv