Lucky Winner from Sofia Hits BGN 7.2 M Jackpot Of Toto Lottery
A lucky winner guessed the six digits of the Thursday draw of Bulgaria's toto lottery and will walk away with the jackpot of BGN 7 258 184, report the media.
The ticket with the winning digits 6, 7, 10, 13, 22, 26 of the 6/49 game was bought for BGN 2.80 in Sofia.
This is the third largest jackpot in the more than 50 years of history of Bulgaria's Sports Totalizator.
It was accumulated after two Varna teenagers were caught trying to claim the BGN 5 026 320 jackpot from the June 26 draw with a fake ticket. Last week the sum was added to the already accumulated jackpot.
Meanwhile, the Sofia Appellate Court ordered the two 19-year-old cousins Nikolai Marinov and Prodan Marinov to remain in custody. They are charged with attempted financial fraud of extremely large size.
According to the prosecution, minutes after the June 26 draw of the lottery, the Totalizator computer system detected unauthorised access with the password of one of the system administrators.
The IP address was of Nikolai Marinov's father's computer. Allegedly Nikolai submitted an electronic ticket with the winning digits, changed the time of the submission and logged out.
Upon detecting the unauthorised access and the system discrepancies, the Totalizator management alerted the authorities and set up the trap, which snapped last week.
The other young man – Prodan Marinov was arrested in Sofia when tried to claim the prize with a torn paper toto ticket, saying that it was torn in an argument. The serial number corresponded to the “winning” entry, but the digit combination was missing. His cousin Nikolai was arrested shortly after that.
- » 'Socialist Beer' Adds Appeal to Traditional Buzludzha Fest
- » Bulgarian High School Students Win Gold, 2 Silver Medals at International Olympiad in Informatics
- » Inactivity Rate of Young People in Bulgaria at nearly 73% in 2014
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN
- » Thracian Treasures Return to Bulgaria After Exhibition in Louvre