DSB Leader: Boyko Borisov Blackmails Voters
Boyko Borisov is trying to scare the people and blackmails them to give him support, which he does not have, Radan Kanev, leader of the Democrats for Strong Bulgaria said.
The comment of Kanev, who is also the spokesperson in resignation of the right-wing coalition Reformist Bloc, came in response to Borisov's interview for the Bulgarian National Television (BNT) morning show. In it he threatened that if his party GERB does not have a majority of at least 121 MPs in the next parliament, he will not form a government and the people will starve in the winter.
Borisov also said he was not planning on forming a coalition with the Reformist Block.
“The next coalition will be set up by the voters, not by Borisov or us,” Kanev said at a news conference. He also commented on the inconsistent GERB behaviour towards the Reformist Bloc. “You can't change your opinion every week,” he said. “Last week they had one position, this week they have the opposite. At least our position is clear.”
According to Kanev, the Reformist Bloc does not rule out a post-elections coalition with GERB if Borisov is not prime minister and his right-hand man and former interior minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov is not a minister.
Meanwhile, Korman Ismailov of the Freedom and Dignity party - another partner in the Reformist Bloc - said the coalition was consolidated.
- » Bulgarian Nationalist Party Ataka Demands Severing Dependence on IMF, World Bank
- » Bulgaria Without Censorship Promises to Create 1M Jobs by 2022
- » Six Parties Likely To Enter Parliament – Poll
- » CEC Warns That Selfies In Polling Stations Are Forbidden
- » Blockade Of Bulgaria-Turkey Border Crossings Lifted
- » Bulgarian Party Supporters Block Border Crossings With Turkey