Unemployment in Bulgaria Down to 11.4% in Q2 2014
In Q2 2014 there were 381.8 thousand unemployed Bulgarians and the unemployment rates in the country were 11.4%, data collected by the National Statistical Institute indicated.
In comparison with the second quarter of 2013 the number of unemployed persons was by 12.7% lower, and the unemployment rate decreased by 1.5%. The unemployment rate was 12.4% and 10.1% for men and women respectively.
In Q2 2014 the unemployment rate for young people aged 15-29 was 16.8% (17.5% for men and 15.9% for women). The rate was by 4.6% lower than in the same quarter of 2013, registering a decrease of 4.2% for men and 5.1% for women respectively.
The activity rate of population aged 15-64 was 68.8%, by 0.4% higher in comparison with the second quarter of 2013. The employment rate of population aged 15-64 was 61.0%, by 1.5% above its value for the corresponding quarter of the previous year. The unemployment rate was 11.4%, by 1.5% lower compared to the same quarter of 2013.
In the second quarter of 2014 the total number of employed persons aged 15 years and over was 2979.8 thousand, representing 47.9% of the population in the same age group. In comparison with the second quarter of 2013 the proportion of employed persons rose by 0.9%. From all persons in employment in the second quarter of 2014, 1 576.4 thousand (52.9%) were men and 1 403.4 thousand (47.1%) were women.
- » Bulgaria's Justice Minister Demands Dismissal of Suspended Sofia City Court Head
- » Harrison Ford Suffers Injury after Plane Crash with Vintage Vehicle
- » Code Red Issued in Southern Bulgaria over Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Landslide Stops Traffic in Bulgaria's Kresna Gorge
- » Dub FX to Present His Brand New Live Show in Sofia
- » Bugaria MPs Trade Punches over Claims of 'pro-US Stance'