Sofia Comics Expo Starts In Sofia On August 15
The first international exhibition of comics in Bulgaria – Sofia Comics Expo – opens for the public on August 15 in the gallery of the Union of Bulgarian Artists.
It is on the first floor of the gallery at 6 “Shipka” street and will be on till September 15.
The rich collection includes over 1200 works by 170 artists from 16 countries: Australia, Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Poland, Russia, USA, Serbia, the Netherlands, France, Croatia, Czech Republic and Switzerland.
As part of the expo, on September 4 and 5 will be held a conference on comics, cinema and animated movies and several workshops on classical and digital drawing techniques in the period September 8-13.
The event is funded by the Culture Programme of Sofia Municipality and is held in support of the bid of Sofia and the southwestern region for European Capital of Culture – 2019.
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival
- » Bulgaria, US to Create Commission on Safeguarding Cultural Heritage
- » Three-Day Jazz Festival to Take Over Sofia
- » Bulgarian Movie "Losers" Claims Main Prize at Moscow International Film Festival
- » Twisted Sister, Within Temptation to Headline Tenth Anniversary of Kavarna Rock