Sofia Comics Expo Starts In Sofia On August 15
The first international exhibition of comics in Bulgaria – Sofia Comics Expo – opens for the public on August 15 in the gallery of the Union of Bulgarian Artists.
It is on the first floor of the gallery at 6 “Shipka” street and will be on till September 15.
The rich collection includes over 1200 works by 170 artists from 16 countries: Australia, Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Poland, Russia, USA, Serbia, the Netherlands, France, Croatia, Czech Republic and Switzerland.
As part of the expo, on September 4 and 5 will be held a conference on comics, cinema and animated movies and several workshops on classical and digital drawing techniques in the period September 8-13.
The event is funded by the Culture Programme of Sofia Municipality and is held in support of the bid of Sofia and the southwestern region for European Capital of Culture – 2019.
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers Greet Bulgarian Audience Prior to May Performance
- » New High-Tech Theater Performance Premieres in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President Calls for Turning Cinema into National Priority
- » New Spring Season of Future Shorts Film Festival Comes to Sofia
- » Bulgarian Fantasy Animation Based on Traditional Folklore to be Released Soon
- » Thracian Treasures Arrive in Paris's Louvre for Three-Month Exhibition