Food – Most Significant Item In Bulgarians' Budget
Bulgarian spend the most significant part of their budget on food and soft drinks, shows the Q2 data of the National Statistics Institute.
The average Q2 sum spent by each household member for food and soft drinks is BGN 355. At the same time, the consumption of food and drinks in Q2 decreases, year-on-year. Bread and pastry consumption has dropped from 24.4 kg to 22.8 kg, vegetables – from 19.3 kg to 18.4 kg, milk – 5.4 litres to 4.9 litres and yogurt – from 7.4 kg to 7 kg.
Expenses on utilities and home upkeep have decreased from BGN 171 in Q2 2013 to BGN 153. At the same time expenses on healtchare remain at the same levels – BGN 121.
For the same period the average income per household member is BGN 1160. the main source of income remains the wage, which forms 55% of it, or BGN 640.
Second most significant source of income are pensions, with a relative share of 26.3%. They are followed by income from self employment – BGN 86.
- » Bulgarian Helicopter Crew Remains Captured in Sudan
- » Sofia Hosts Future Shorts Festival in February
- » Cost of Living in Bulgaria Drops for First Time in 25 Years – Trade Union
- » International Media Pay Tribute to Late Bulgarian President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria Declares Day of Mourning for Late Ex-President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria's Former President Zhelyu Zhelev Dies