Code Yellow Issued Throughout Bulgaria Over Heatwave
Code Yellow has been issued throughout Bulgaria due to the high temperatures expected to range between 33 C and 38 C, Thursday.
The thermometers in Sofia will show 34 C, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology reports.
Weather in the mountains will be sunny and warm with maximum temperatures of 27 C at 1200 m, and at 2000 – about 21 C.
At the seaside it will be sunny and hot with a light breeze. Maximum temperatures will reach around 30 C, the temperature of the water will be 27-28 C.
Temperatures are expected to drop by about 10 degrees on Saturday and Sunday, however the heat will be back on Monday.
- » Train Crash in Germany Leaves at Least Several Dead
- » Egypt's 'Indiana Jones' to Reveal Details of Tutankhamun's Death in Sofia Lecture
- » Romanian Man Dies in Skiing Accident in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Two Migrants Die from Cold Exposure near Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » Magnitude-3.0 Earthquake Shakes Bulgaria’s Smolyan Region
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region