Sofia Court Grants Some BGN 200,000 to GERB Leader in Libel Suit
Boiko Borisov has been granted nearly BGN 200,000 in damages in a libel lawsuit filed against the head of nationalist Ataka party Volen Siderov.
The verdict issued by Sofia City Court can be appealed before Sofia Court of Appeal, dnevnik.bg reported on Wednesday. The sum includes court expenses.
If the higher court upholds the verdict, Siderov will have to pay the leader of centre-right GERB party compensation for his allegations that Borisov has directly benefitted from taking part in criminal activities.
Siderov made the allegations in an interview with a Sofia-based newspaper. Borisov filed the libel lawsuit last year.
- » Bulgarian FM Has No Information on Turkey Banning Entry of DPS Founder, MP
- » DPS's Dogan, Peevski 'Barred from Entering Turkey'
- » Avramopoulos: Bulgaria's Border Guarding Efforts Are Key to European Stability
- » Bulgaria Opposition Submits No-Confidence Motion over Healthcare Policies
- » Bulgaria Spent BGN 23.7 M on Its Military Aviation in 2015
- » EU Migration Commissioner to Visit Bulgaria's Elhovo
This is what happens when one tries to hurt a good man doing a good and balanced job and say false and deceitful things against him. I believe Borisov has more suites pending against not only him, but the reporter also. Both are very unwise people..... in my opinion