Train Derails in Swiss Alps Due to Landslide
A passenger train has derailed due to a landslide on a mountain railway in southeastern Switzerland, Wednesday.
The accident happened between Tiefencastel and Solis, southeast of Zurich. Two carriages slid off the tracks onto a steep slope, according to international media reports.
The extent of casualties is unclear but officials say the injured have been taken to hospital by helicopter and ambulance, the BBC informs.
The train operated by Rhaetische Bahn was carrying around 200 people on board. Heavy rain overnight has most likely caused the landslide.
- » US Officially Takes Cuba Off State-Sponsored Terrorism List
- » Russia Issues Travel Ban on 89 EU Politicians
- » EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to Visit Macedonia Tuesday
- » False Bomb Threat Fails to Disrupt FIFA Congress
- » Serbian PM Expresses Readiness to Reduce Country's Dependence on Russian Gas
- » Macedonia's Crisis Affecting Entire Region, Zaev Tells Bulgaria PM