Train Derails in Swiss Alps Due to Landslide
A passenger train has derailed due to a landslide on a mountain railway in southeastern Switzerland, Wednesday.
The accident happened between Tiefencastel and Solis, southeast of Zurich. Two carriages slid off the tracks onto a steep slope, according to international media reports.
The extent of casualties is unclear but officials say the injured have been taken to hospital by helicopter and ambulance, the BBC informs.
The train operated by Rhaetische Bahn was carrying around 200 people on board. Heavy rain overnight has most likely caused the landslide.
- » NATO Urges Macedonia to Form Govt
- » Macedonia's SDSM Poised to Get Govt Mandate after Deal with Albanians
- » Thousands Stage Pro-Govt Rally in Southern Romania
- » Germany Not To Allow Erdogan's Meeting for Referendum on Constitutional Amendments
- » European MPs To Call On EC To Reinstate Visa Regime for US Citizens
- » 136 Turkish Diplomats Request Asylum in Germany