Train Derails in Swiss Alps Due to Landslide
A passenger train has derailed due to a landslide on a mountain railway in southeastern Switzerland, Wednesday.
The accident happened between Tiefencastel and Solis, southeast of Zurich. Two carriages slid off the tracks onto a steep slope, according to international media reports.
The extent of casualties is unclear but officials say the injured have been taken to hospital by helicopter and ambulance, the BBC informs.
The train operated by Rhaetische Bahn was carrying around 200 people on board. Heavy rain overnight has most likely caused the landslide.
- » North Korea Warns States: Don't Join Any U.S. Action and You're Safe
- » Japanese Scientists have Discovered a Moon Cave Suitable for a Base
- » Portugal Interior Minister Resigns After Fire Disasters
- » 11th EU Anti-Trafficking Day
- » 200 Thousand Catalans Gathered for a New Pro-separation Protest
- » Islamic State defeated in its Syrian capital Raqqa