Train Derails in Swiss Alps Due to Landslide
A passenger train has derailed due to a landslide on a mountain railway in southeastern Switzerland, Wednesday.
The accident happened between Tiefencastel and Solis, southeast of Zurich. Two carriages slid off the tracks onto a steep slope, according to international media reports.
The extent of casualties is unclear but officials say the injured have been taken to hospital by helicopter and ambulance, the BBC informs.
The train operated by Rhaetische Bahn was carrying around 200 people on board. Heavy rain overnight has most likely caused the landslide.
- » Result of July 5 Referendum in Greece Too Close to Call – Poll
- » Donbass Introduces Special Regime of Self-Governance, to Hold Local Elections
- » Ferry with 173 Capsizes in Central Philippines
- » Ukraine President Says No Special Status for Donbass in Constitution
- » Eurogroup to Halt Talks with Greece Until After Bailout Referendum
- » Islamic State Fighters Reportedly Travelling in EU on Bulgarian Passports