Train Derails in Swiss Alps Due to Landslide
A passenger train has derailed due to a landslide on a mountain railway in southeastern Switzerland, Wednesday.
The accident happened between Tiefencastel and Solis, southeast of Zurich. Two carriages slid off the tracks onto a steep slope, according to international media reports.
The extent of casualties is unclear but officials say the injured have been taken to hospital by helicopter and ambulance, the BBC informs.
The train operated by Rhaetische Bahn was carrying around 200 people on board. Heavy rain overnight has most likely caused the landslide.
- » Hungary to Classify Paks NPP Expansion Deal for 30 Years
- » Majority of Russians Oppose Military Action in Donbass
- » US Extends Sanctions Against Russia, EU Ready to Follow Suit
- » Mine Blast in Eastern Ukraine 'Kills 30'
- » Ukraine MPs Mull Setting Up 'Parliament Police' after Tuesday Fight
- » Russia, EU Representatives to Engage in Frank Talks over Ukraine