Bulgaria’s DANS Thwart Fake Money Distribution
Bulgaria's State Agency for National Security (DANS) said on Wednesday it has seized a “large amount” of fake money in an operation aimed at thwarting its distribution.
The counterfeit currency has been seized in an operation conducted August 8-9 under the guidance and supervision of Sofia City Prosecutors’ Office, DANS said in a brief statement posted on its website.
It did not elaborate.
The prosecutors’ office has launched a pre-trial investigation, DANS added.
- » Jihadis 'Traveling on Fake Passports from Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria Earns Praise from Europol for Busting Workshop for Forged Euro Notes
- » Cash Machine Stolen in Bulgaria’s Velingrad
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
- » Bulgaria Parliament ex-Official Faces Renewed Tax Evasion Trial
- » Bulgarian Counter-Intelligence Official Goes to Court for Disclosing 'State Secret'