Bulgaria’s DANS Thwart Fake Money Distribution
Bulgaria's State Agency for National Security (DANS) said on Wednesday it has seized a “large amount” of fake money in an operation aimed at thwarting its distribution.
The counterfeit currency has been seized in an operation conducted August 8-9 under the guidance and supervision of Sofia City Prosecutors’ Office, DANS said in a brief statement posted on its website.
It did not elaborate.
The prosecutors’ office has launched a pre-trial investigation, DANS added.
- » Sofia Confirms Arrest of 3 Bulgarians in Hungary over Migrant Truck Deaths
- » Three Bulgarians Detained over Death of 71 Migrants in Truck in Austria
- » Bulgarian-Hungarian Smuggling Ring Allegedly Involved in Refugee Truck Death in Austria
- » Police in Plovdiv Bust Printing House for Fake Documents
- » 2 Bulgarian Tourists To Be Tried in Greece for Picking Up Refugee Hitchhikers
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Five Suspected Terrorists at Border with Macedonia