Man Wanted by Interpol Arrested near Bulgaria's Tutrakan
Police in Tutrakan have arrested a 33-year-old sought by Interpol whose name is in the Schengen Information System (SIS)
Upon the arrest, the man nearly ran over the police officers who were trying to stop him, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The 33-year-old man has a criminal record.
He was detected speeding by a traffic police patrol in Slivo Pole but he refused to obey the command to stop.
The patrol informed their colleagues in Tutrakan, who organized a police post at the village of Nova Cherna.
The man, who was driving a VW, yet again failed to respond to police commands to stop.
Instead of that, he made a sharp U-turn and headed in the opposite direction, thereby nearly running over the police officers.
After a brief chase, the VW entered a sunflower field.
The driver left the car there and hid, taking with him the registration plates.
A little later on, he was arrested.
He was revealed to have a thick criminal record, while the car was found to be in the SIS and wanted by Interpol.
The man has been detained for 24 hours.
Pre-trial proceedings have been opened into the matter.
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria Seizes 5.6 Kg Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarians Arrested in UK over Drug Trafficking
- » Over 500 Bulgarians Become Trafficking Victims A Year
- » 120 Syrian Refugees Arrested upon Entering Sofia
- » Bulgaria Police Launch Manhunt for Killers of Road Repairs Employee