Man Wanted by Interpol Arrested near Bulgaria's Tutrakan
Police in Tutrakan have arrested a 33-year-old sought by Interpol whose name is in the Schengen Information System (SIS)
Upon the arrest, the man nearly ran over the police officers who were trying to stop him, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The 33-year-old man has a criminal record.
He was detected speeding by a traffic police patrol in Slivo Pole but he refused to obey the command to stop.
The patrol informed their colleagues in Tutrakan, who organized a police post at the village of Nova Cherna.
The man, who was driving a VW, yet again failed to respond to police commands to stop.
Instead of that, he made a sharp U-turn and headed in the opposite direction, thereby nearly running over the police officers.
After a brief chase, the VW entered a sunflower field.
The driver left the car there and hid, taking with him the registration plates.
A little later on, he was arrested.
He was revealed to have a thick criminal record, while the car was found to be in the SIS and wanted by Interpol.
The man has been detained for 24 hours.
Pre-trial proceedings have been opened into the matter.
- » Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
- » Father Slaughtered his Son in Novi Han
- » Prosecutor Office to Reveal Details of the Case with the Detained Policemen in Rakovski
- » Policemen were Arrested in Rakovski
- » Kidnapped Salvadorian Journalist was Found Dead
- » Two People were Detained in London on Suspicion of Preparing an Attack