Controlled Blasts of Old Ammunition Concluded in SE Bulgaria
The mass destruction of old ammunition at a blasted ammo depot in southeastern Bulgaria has been concluded, Wednesday.
Over the past few months, some 20 thousand dangerous pieces of ammunition have been destroyed in controlled explosions, Bulgarian Telegraph Agency reports.
By the end of the month the area around the ammo depot will be checked for remaining explosives, and then the depot will be closed down.
On June 5, a series of explosions occurred at a private-owned ammo site near the Petolachkata road junction close to Sliven. Three of the ammunition depot's employees were killed in the accident, ten people were injured.
The depot is owned by the Bereta Trading company.
- » The Cabinet Will Decide Today on thе Participation of Bulgarian Armed Forces in Afghanistan
- » Military Equipment from the Bulgarian and US Armed Forces to be Presented in Sofia
- » Interpol has a List of 173 Terrorists Planning Attacks in Europe
- » Novo Selo Training Polygon Hosted the Biggest Multinational Exercise Saber Guardian 2017
- » The Pentagon Criticized Turkey for Publishing Secret Military Information
- » 18 International Trains Checked in Hungary, 2 of Them Heading for Romania due to Bomb Alert