Controlled Blasts of Old Ammunition Concluded in SE Bulgaria
The mass destruction of old ammunition at a blasted ammo depot in southeastern Bulgaria has been concluded, Wednesday.
Over the past few months, some 20 thousand dangerous pieces of ammunition have been destroyed in controlled explosions, Bulgarian Telegraph Agency reports.
By the end of the month the area around the ammo depot will be checked for remaining explosives, and then the depot will be closed down.
On June 5, a series of explosions occurred at a private-owned ammo site near the Petolachkata road junction close to Sliven. Three of the ammunition depot's employees were killed in the accident, ten people were injured.
The depot is owned by the Bereta Trading company.
- » US 'Gives Ukraine Weapons via Bulgaria'
- » Baltic Region Countries Report 'Unprecedented' Russian Military Activities In Area
- » NATO 'Mulls Monitoring Mechanism for Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria's New Fighter Jets Should Be Included in 2016 Budget - ex-Chief of Defense
- » Bulgaria's Answer To US Tanks Is 'No' – Chief Of Defence
- » Bulgaria Has Not Received Request for Deployment of NATO Tanks