Controlled Blasts of Old Ammunition Concluded in SE Bulgaria
The mass destruction of old ammunition at a blasted ammo depot in southeastern Bulgaria has been concluded, Wednesday.
Over the past few months, some 20 thousand dangerous pieces of ammunition have been destroyed in controlled explosions, Bulgarian Telegraph Agency reports.
By the end of the month the area around the ammo depot will be checked for remaining explosives, and then the depot will be closed down.
On June 5, a series of explosions occurred at a private-owned ammo site near the Petolachkata road junction close to Sliven. Three of the ammunition depot's employees were killed in the accident, ten people were injured.
The depot is owned by the Bereta Trading company.
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Calls for Debate on Military Spending
- » Bulgaria Under No Obligation To Increase Defence Budget
- » Europeans in NATO To Buy Aircraft, Submarines Jointly
- » Bulgaria's Defense Ministry Denies Having Signed MiG-29 Repair Contract
- » US Military To Be Deployed to Novo Selo Training Ground
- » Court Tells Election Commission to Register Barekov’s Party Under Name of His Choice