Illegal Assets Commission Seizes Property from 2 Drug Convicts
Property worth BGN 900 000 owned by two people convicted of production and trafficking of drugs has been seized at the request of the Commission for Illegal Assets Forfeiture.
With a final decision of the Sliven District Court, Ivan Terziev is deprived of property worth BGN 630 000, including several vehicles, shares in companies, and funds in bank accounts and funds acquired through sales of movable and immovable property.
At the beginning of 2008, Terziev was arrested near the northern Bulgarian town of Elena with 6kg of heroin.
Police also seized another 60kg of drugs from his home in the village of Byala, Sliven district, including heroin and amphetamines, which had been hidden in a nut roasting machine.
Terziev is popular in the region as a mushroom producer and hee had a nut production company, according to a media statement of the CIAF.
The second convict, Emil Dikovski from the northwestern town of Byala Slatina, is stripped of property worth BGN 254 604, including two apartments in Sofia, and funds acquired from the sale of real estate, under a decision of the Sofia City Court.
In 2010, Dikovski was arrested after a special operation uncovered drugs in his official car and in his home.
- » Smuggling of Cigarettes in Bulgaria is Currently 6.6%
- » Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
- » Father Slaughtered his Son in Novi Han
- » Prosecutor Office to Reveal Details of the Case with the Detained Policemen in Rakovski
- » Policemen were Arrested in Rakovski
- » Kidnapped Salvadorian Journalist was Found Dead