Maria Sharapova Tops World's Highest-Paid Female Athletes List Again
Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova has been named the world's highest paid female athlete for the tenth straight year, according to Forbes magazine.
Sharapova’s massive endorsement haul landed her the top spot in the world’s richest women in professional sports list with earnings of USD 24.4M between June 2013 and June 2014.
Sharapova has earned USD 2.4 M in winnings and the rest comes from her businesses and endorsements, which include Nike, Porsche, Samsung Electronics, Tag Heuer, Evian and Head, Forbes said.
China’s Li Na comes in second on the list with earnings of USD 23.6M. Sharapova's rival Serena Williams ranks third with earnings of USD 22M.
South Korean figure skater Kim Yuna, a silver medalist of the 2014 Sochi Olympics, is number 4 on Forbes list.
- » Bulgarian Appointed as Coach of Maldives National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round