Maria Sharapova Tops World's Highest-Paid Female Athletes List Again
Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova has been named the world's highest paid female athlete for the tenth straight year, according to Forbes magazine.
Sharapova’s massive endorsement haul landed her the top spot in the world’s richest women in professional sports list with earnings of USD 24.4M between June 2013 and June 2014.
Sharapova has earned USD 2.4 M in winnings and the rest comes from her businesses and endorsements, which include Nike, Porsche, Samsung Electronics, Tag Heuer, Evian and Head, Forbes said.
China’s Li Na comes in second on the list with earnings of USD 23.6M. Sharapova's rival Serena Williams ranks third with earnings of USD 22M.
South Korean figure skater Kim Yuna, a silver medalist of the 2014 Sochi Olympics, is number 4 on Forbes list.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Beats Verdasco in First China Open Match
- » Bulgaria’s Women’s Volleyball Team Defeats Canada at World Championship
- » Grigor Dimitrov Eyes ATP Finals in London This Season
- » Bulgaria Wins Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championship
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Starts China Open with Victory
- » First Official Soapbox Competition To Take Place In Bulgaria