Interior Minister, Kristalina Georgieva, to Visit Flood-Hit Mizia
Caretaker Interior Minister Yordan Bakalov and EU Commissioner Kristalina Geogirva will visit Wednesday the flood-hit northwestern town of Mizia.
Mizia was hit by massive flooding on August 3. The floods claimed two lives and caused substantial damage.
The two will get acquainted with operational developments, the work of rescue teams, the living conditions at the accommodation sites for the evacuees, and the damage caused by the floods.
At around 3pm, Georgieva and Bakalov will meet with locals, after which they will give a brief press conference, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The lowest parts of Mizia are still under water, according to Ventsislav Vasilev, District Governor of Vratsa.
Vasilev said that the locals needed disinfectants, masks, rubber gloves, chemical toilets and non-perishable food items.
- » Russian Gas Pipeline To Greece Might Pass Through Bulgaria - Alexander Novak
- » Online Store to Appeal Fine Imposed by Bulgaria's Competition Regulator
- » Bulgaria's Competition Watchdog Fines Online Store Owner
- » Arrivals of Foreign Visitors to Bulgaria Up in April
- » Bulgaria's Ex-President Backs Russian Pipeline via Country
- » Bulgaria's Fibank Repays BGN 1.2 B State Aid