Interior Minister, Kristalina Georgieva, to Visit Flood-Hit Mizia
Caretaker Interior Minister Yordan Bakalov and EU Commissioner Kristalina Geogirva will visit Wednesday the flood-hit northwestern town of Mizia.
Mizia was hit by massive flooding on August 3. The floods claimed two lives and caused substantial damage.
The two will get acquainted with operational developments, the work of rescue teams, the living conditions at the accommodation sites for the evacuees, and the damage caused by the floods.
At around 3pm, Georgieva and Bakalov will meet with locals, after which they will give a brief press conference, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The lowest parts of Mizia are still under water, according to Ventsislav Vasilev, District Governor of Vratsa.
Vasilev said that the locals needed disinfectants, masks, rubber gloves, chemical toilets and non-perishable food items.
- » Bulgaria 'Unable to Halt South Stream Construction' - Ex-Energy Minister
- » Bulgaria's State Electricity Co 'Sells Energy Below Market Prices'
- » Dwelling Prices in Bulgaria Registered Increase at End of 2014
- » Illegal Trade in Fuels Costs Bulgaria Over BGN 1 B
- » World Bank’s Murthi In Bulgaria To Discuss Economic Growth Prospects
- » Bulgaria, Turkey to Develop Joint Tourism Product