Heatwave Over Bulgaria To Last Until Week's End
The heatwave over Bulgaria will last till the weekend when a cold front would cool off the air, reports the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology.
The cold snap will be brief, but temperatures will drop by around 10 degrees. Next Monday the heat will return.
On Wednesday temperatures are expected to reach 38° C in the south western parts of the country. In Sofia the thermometers will read 33° C, but the heat will be more intense due to the lack of wind and the heated streets and buildings.
Due to the heat, the Sofia water utility company Sofiiska Voda is handing out free drinking water at several places in the city centre in the afternoons.
At the seaside it will be a little cooler – up to 30° C, while the weather in the mountains will be ideal for hiking and picnics.
- » Deadly Storm Causes Dutch and German Transport Chaos
- » Emergency Situation Declared in Smolyan and Karlovo
- » Dirty Air Above the Norm in 10 Cities in Bulgaria
- » Yellow Warning for Strong Winds in Place For the Whole Country
- » Flu Epidemic in the Pazardzhik Region
- » Bulgaria Honors St. Athanasius Half Past Winter