Heatwave Over Bulgaria To Last Until Week's End
The heatwave over Bulgaria will last till the weekend when a cold front would cool off the air, reports the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology.
The cold snap will be brief, but temperatures will drop by around 10 degrees. Next Monday the heat will return.
On Wednesday temperatures are expected to reach 38° C in the south western parts of the country. In Sofia the thermometers will read 33° C, but the heat will be more intense due to the lack of wind and the heated streets and buildings.
Due to the heat, the Sofia water utility company Sofiiska Voda is handing out free drinking water at several places in the city centre in the afternoons.
At the seaside it will be a little cooler – up to 30° C, while the weather in the mountains will be ideal for hiking and picnics.
- » Serbian Court Places Tsvetan Vasilev Under Recognizance Order
- » Fresh Threats Directed at KTB's Vasilev, His Lawyer Says
- » Two Million Bulgarians Complain of Excessive Noise Exposure
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » Bulgaria's Capital Celebrates St. Sofia Day
- » Tsvetan Vasilev Has Sought Contact with Authorities in Belgrade