New RO/RO Line to Connect Bulgaria's Burgas with Georgia's Poti
A new Black Sea Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) connection between the ports of Bulgarian city of Burgas and the Georgian Poti will be officially launched on August 13.
The operator Port Bulgaria West seeks to establish a sea connection between the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasus region and the European Union and the Russian Federation, Darik news reports.
The route will be serviced by a ROPAX vessel that will carry passengers and goods, providing an alternative to land transport between the markets of Georgia and the Russian Federation.
The line is expected to carry a variety of cargo from Turkey to Russia, as well.
Economic analyzes have indicated that the RO/RO connection will be of interest to Russian tourist companies carrying passengers to Bulgaria and Greece, Darik news notes.
- » Bulgaria Plans to Introduce '9' as Single Contract Number at Hotels Within Month
- » Bulgaria Expects 1.2%/GDP Budget Surplus as of End-April
- » Mines in Bulgaria’s Madan, Zlatograd Suffered Millions in Damage due to Power Cuts in March
- » Bulgartransgaz to Open Bids for Interconnector Turkey –Bulgaria on May 8
- » Bulgarians Made More Card Payments Abroad around Easter
- » Requests for Increasing Electricity, Heating Prices Are Unfounded – Bulgaria’s Deputy PM