New RO/RO Line to Connect Bulgaria's Burgas with Georgia's Poti
A new Black Sea Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) connection between the ports of Bulgarian city of Burgas and the Georgian Poti will be officially launched on August 13.
The operator Port Bulgaria West seeks to establish a sea connection between the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasus region and the European Union and the Russian Federation, Darik news reports.
The route will be serviced by a ROPAX vessel that will carry passengers and goods, providing an alternative to land transport between the markets of Georgia and the Russian Federation.
The line is expected to carry a variety of cargo from Turkey to Russia, as well.
Economic analyzes have indicated that the RO/RO connection will be of interest to Russian tourist companies carrying passengers to Bulgaria and Greece, Darik news notes.
- » Shells from Syria fall in Golan Heights
- » Dozens of families in Camden tower blocks refuse to leave
- » Arab states issue ultimatum to Qatar: close Jazeera, curb ties with Iran
- » London Evening Standard: Manslaughter charges could be brought over Grenfell blaze as every firm involved is reviewed
- » Macron-Merkel: We Didn’t Talk About Greece and That Is Good
- » Andrey Kovachev, CEDB/EPP: Guarantee for citizen security – main challenge at Brussels summit