New RO/RO Line to Connect Bulgaria's Burgas with Georgia's Poti
A new Black Sea Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) connection between the ports of Bulgarian city of Burgas and the Georgian Poti will be officially launched on August 13.
The operator Port Bulgaria West seeks to establish a sea connection between the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasus region and the European Union and the Russian Federation, Darik news reports.
The route will be serviced by a ROPAX vessel that will carry passengers and goods, providing an alternative to land transport between the markets of Georgia and the Russian Federation.
The line is expected to carry a variety of cargo from Turkey to Russia, as well.
Economic analyzes have indicated that the RO/RO connection will be of interest to Russian tourist companies carrying passengers to Bulgaria and Greece, Darik news notes.
- » Turnover at Greek Referendum Likely to Exceed 40% Threshold
- » Greece Will Need Another Currency if ‘No’ Vote Prevails in Referendum – Martin Schulz
- » Moody’s Downgrades DSK and Raiffeisen Banks
- » Bulgarian Village Lozen Suffers Unannounced Electricity Disruptions
- » Sofia’s Airport Takes Measures to Battle Illegal Taxis
- » ECB 'to Extend Backstop to Bulgaria' over Greece Crisis