New RO/RO Line to Connect Bulgaria's Burgas with Georgia's Poti
A new Black Sea Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) connection between the ports of Bulgarian city of Burgas and the Georgian Poti will be officially launched on August 13.
The operator Port Bulgaria West seeks to establish a sea connection between the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasus region and the European Union and the Russian Federation, Darik news reports.
The route will be serviced by a ROPAX vessel that will carry passengers and goods, providing an alternative to land transport between the markets of Georgia and the Russian Federation.
The line is expected to carry a variety of cargo from Turkey to Russia, as well.
Economic analyzes have indicated that the RO/RO connection will be of interest to Russian tourist companies carrying passengers to Bulgaria and Greece, Darik news notes.
- » Bulgaria is Second in the EU to Export Ski
- » Toyota to Offer Electrified Option For All Models by 2025
- » The Bulgarian Academy of Science Report About Belene NPP will be Published After Editing
- » American Chemical Company is Exploring the Opportunities for Investment in Bulgaria
- » The Quarter With the Most Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the World (Photos)
- » BGN 256 Million will be Invested in the Airports of Burgas and Varna in the Next 9 Years