New RO/RO Line to Connect Bulgaria's Burgas with Georgia's Poti
A new Black Sea Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) connection between the ports of Bulgarian city of Burgas and the Georgian Poti will be officially launched on August 13.
The operator Port Bulgaria West seeks to establish a sea connection between the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasus region and the European Union and the Russian Federation, Darik news reports.
The route will be serviced by a ROPAX vessel that will carry passengers and goods, providing an alternative to land transport between the markets of Georgia and the Russian Federation.
The line is expected to carry a variety of cargo from Turkey to Russia, as well.
Economic analyzes have indicated that the RO/RO connection will be of interest to Russian tourist companies carrying passengers to Bulgaria and Greece, Darik news notes.
- » FinMin: Bulgaria Records 12 % Increase in Revenues to State Budget
- » Bulgaria C-Bank Refuses to Allow Doverie to Buy Tokuda Bank
- » Bulgaria's Q2 GDP Records 2.2 % Growth Y/Y
- » Turkish MPs Prolong Mandate for Cross-Border Military Operations Against IS, PKK
- » Russia Bans Products Certified in Bulgaria over 'Fake Papers'
- » Over 60 German Firms Show Interest in Investing in Bulgaria - EconMin