New RO/RO Line to Connect Bulgaria's Burgas with Georgia's Poti
A new Black Sea Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) connection between the ports of Bulgarian city of Burgas and the Georgian Poti will be officially launched on August 13.
The operator Port Bulgaria West seeks to establish a sea connection between the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasus region and the European Union and the Russian Federation, Darik news reports.
The route will be serviced by a ROPAX vessel that will carry passengers and goods, providing an alternative to land transport between the markets of Georgia and the Russian Federation.
The line is expected to carry a variety of cargo from Turkey to Russia, as well.
Economic analyzes have indicated that the RO/RO connection will be of interest to Russian tourist companies carrying passengers to Bulgaria and Greece, Darik news notes.
- » Fourteen Employees at Gorni Lom Plant During Explosion - Witnesses
- » Balkan Holidays Adds 4 Belfast-Burgas Flights for Summer 2015
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt Approves Draft Update of Budget 2014
- » Bulgarian, Ukrainian Chambers of Commerce, Industry Ink Cooperation Agreement
- » Energy Watchdog Approves Electricity Price Hike
- » President Plevneliev: Bulgaria's Trade with Germany Increased by 64% in 2009-2013