New RO/RO Line to Connect Bulgaria's Burgas with Georgia's Poti
A new Black Sea Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) connection between the ports of Bulgarian city of Burgas and the Georgian Poti will be officially launched on August 13.
The operator Port Bulgaria West seeks to establish a sea connection between the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasus region and the European Union and the Russian Federation, Darik news reports.
The route will be serviced by a ROPAX vessel that will carry passengers and goods, providing an alternative to land transport between the markets of Georgia and the Russian Federation.
The line is expected to carry a variety of cargo from Turkey to Russia, as well.
Economic analyzes have indicated that the RO/RO connection will be of interest to Russian tourist companies carrying passengers to Bulgaria and Greece, Darik news notes.
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding Conducts Top-level Reshuffle at Several Companies
- » Russia Will Build South Stream if Europe Wants to Reduce Gas Transit Risks - Minister
- » Minister Vows Comprehensive Audit of Bulgaria’s Energy Sector
- » Bulgaria's 2015 Draft Budget Includes Minimum Wage Freeze
- » Bulgaria to Negotiate Easing of Visa Regime for Balkan Tourists
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Picks 2 Local, 2 Int'l Banks for Bridge Loan