New RO/RO Line to Connect Bulgaria's Burgas with Georgia's Poti
A new Black Sea Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) connection between the ports of Bulgarian city of Burgas and the Georgian Poti will be officially launched on August 13.
The operator Port Bulgaria West seeks to establish a sea connection between the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasus region and the European Union and the Russian Federation, Darik news reports.
The route will be serviced by a ROPAX vessel that will carry passengers and goods, providing an alternative to land transport between the markets of Georgia and the Russian Federation.
The line is expected to carry a variety of cargo from Turkey to Russia, as well.
Economic analyzes have indicated that the RO/RO connection will be of interest to Russian tourist companies carrying passengers to Bulgaria and Greece, Darik news notes.
- » Bulgaria Reports Double Increase in Tourist Numbers Ahead of Summer Season
- » Putin: Russia Still Interested in Building Pipelines to Europe
- » Moody's Upgrades Bulgarian Energy Holding's Rating
- » Russian Gas Pipeline To Greece Might Pass Through Bulgaria - Alexander Novak
- » Online Store to Appeal Fine Imposed by Bulgaria's Competition Regulator
- » Bulgaria's Competition Watchdog Fines Online Store Owner