New RO/RO Line to Connect Bulgaria's Burgas with Georgia's Poti
A new Black Sea Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) connection between the ports of Bulgarian city of Burgas and the Georgian Poti will be officially launched on August 13.
The operator Port Bulgaria West seeks to establish a sea connection between the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasus region and the European Union and the Russian Federation, Darik news reports.
The route will be serviced by a ROPAX vessel that will carry passengers and goods, providing an alternative to land transport between the markets of Georgia and the Russian Federation.
The line is expected to carry a variety of cargo from Turkey to Russia, as well.
Economic analyzes have indicated that the RO/RO connection will be of interest to Russian tourist companies carrying passengers to Bulgaria and Greece, Darik news notes.
- » Bulgaria Should Be Year-Round Tourist Destination – Minister
- » Foreign Ministers of Serbia, Hungary Cite South Stream as Project of Mutual Interest
- » Bulgaria’s Advance Properties Acquires 100% Stake in Pharmaceutical Co Huvepharma
- » President Plevneliev Invites Polish Businesses to Invest in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria C-Bank Governor 'Likely to Resign end-November'
- » Bulgaria Plans to Reintroduce 10% Bank Deposit Interest Tax