New RO/RO Line to Connect Bulgaria's Burgas with Georgia's Poti
A new Black Sea Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) connection between the ports of Bulgarian city of Burgas and the Georgian Poti will be officially launched on August 13.
The operator Port Bulgaria West seeks to establish a sea connection between the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasus region and the European Union and the Russian Federation, Darik news reports.
The route will be serviced by a ROPAX vessel that will carry passengers and goods, providing an alternative to land transport between the markets of Georgia and the Russian Federation.
The line is expected to carry a variety of cargo from Turkey to Russia, as well.
Economic analyzes have indicated that the RO/RO connection will be of interest to Russian tourist companies carrying passengers to Bulgaria and Greece, Darik news notes.
- » Foreign Investment in Bulgaria For January Increased by 64.6%
- » China Vows to Hit Back as Trump Prepares Trade Sanctions
- » Under OP ''Inovation and Competitiveness'' Clusters in Bulgaria are Supported with over € 36 million
- » 18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017
- » Telenor Officially Sold its Business to Czech Billionaire
- » Labor Costs Increase by 12% by the End of 2017