Police Breaks By Mistake Into Home of Pensioners, Excuse Themselves
Police broke into the home of a 90-year-old pensioner and his wife in Bulgaria's town of Oryahovo early on Tuesday morning, reports the Bulgarian National Radio.
During the operation the police broke all doors and windows of the home. Upon realising they went to the wrong address, excused themselves and went to the right address to make the arrest.
“They came in and broke everything,” Yordanka Torbova told the media. “The front door was locked, all right, but the back door through the kitchen was unlocked. They broke that too. Then they went to the second floor and broke the glass door and the door of another room, too.”
In front of BNR Torbova expressed her indignation and asked who was going to pay the damages. “How are we going to live like this,” she asked. “It is not very pleasant.”
Later it transpired that the interim Interior Minister Yordan Bakalov has ordered a full investigation of the incident and ordered that the full damages be covered.
- » Two Die in Bulgaria as Hung Glider Crashes
- » Iraqi Girl’s Body Found in Danube River
- » Emergency Declared on Greece's Thassos Island over Wildfire
- » Fire Allegedly Caused by Migrants Rages On in SE Bulgaria
- » Four FRONTEX Staff Injured in Sofia Tram Crash
- » Supermarket Blast Leaves 1 Heavily Injured in Bulgaria's Pleven