KTB Majority Owner Tsvetan Vasilev Indicted, Sought through Interpol
Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB)'s majority owner is wanted by Bulgaria's Prosecutor's Office via Interpol, the prosecution said in a statement.
According to the statement, on July 28 2014, he is indicted in absentia for corporate embezzlement of particularly large size. He is accused of deliberately abetting Margarita Petrova, chief cashier of KTB, and Orlin Rusev, executive director of KTB, to put the sum of BGN 206 M at their disposal, in the period December 2011 – June 19, 2014.
“Vasilev is indicted in absentia because he is out of Bulgaria, with residence unknown,” said the prosecution. “After his indictment, for Vasilev was issued a European Arrest Warrant and was put on the wanted list of the Schengen Information System."
Vasilev is also being sought through Interpol, the statement added.
Rusev, Petrova and another cashier have already been indicted for embezzlement in the same case.
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering
- » 1658 Liters of Illegal Alcohol was Detained on the Black Sea Coast
- » Macedonian Customs Officers Detained Bulgarian Car with 22kg Marijuana
- » A British Court Sentenced Bulgarian Heroin Trafficker to 14 Years in Prison
- » A US Student will go to Jail Because of Faked Voter Lists
- » Units to Counteract Phone Scams Were Set Up in Several Cities in Bulgaria