Mark Zuckerberg Reportedly Is Of Bulgarian Descent
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is of Bulgarian descent, according to the Macedonian site Republika Online, quoting international media.
According to the site, Zuckerberg told AP that he was very proud of his Bulgarian origin and was named after his Bulgarian grandfather Marko, on his mother's side.
Marko was a rich man who escaped Bulgaria in 1944, running away from the communist rule. His wife, however, remained in Bulgaria and it is not known what happened to her.
- » Bulgarian Government Approves National Youth Programme
- » Train Crash in Germany Leaves at Least Several Dead
- » Egypt's 'Indiana Jones' to Reveal Details of Tutankhamun's Death in Sofia Lecture
- » Romanian Man Dies in Skiing Accident in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Two Migrants Die from Cold Exposure near Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » Magnitude-3.0 Earthquake Shakes Bulgaria’s Smolyan Region