Bulgarian Hotels Boast 11.6% Revenue Growth in June 2014
Bulgarian hotels recorded an increase in total revenues in June 2014, despite the drop in the number of tourists, data obtained by the National Statistical Institute indicates.
The total revenues from nights spent in June reached BGN 144.7M or by 11.6% more compared to June 2013. An increase was registered both in the revenues from Bulgarians-by 13.8%, and from foreigners-by 11.1%.
In June, 2661 accommodation establishments such as hotels, motels, camping sites, mountain chalets with more than 10 bed places operated in the country. In comparison with June 2013 the total number of accommodation establishments increased by 4.5% and the bed-places in them-by 5.0%.
The total number of the nights spent in all accommodation establishments registered in June 2014 was 3410 thousand or by 1.6% less in comparison with the same month of the previous year, as the greatest decrease (by8.7%) was observed in 3 stars accommodation establishments.
In June 2014, the arrivals in all accommodation establishments decreased by 1.5% compared to the same month of 2013 and reached 744.7 thousand.
Bulgarian guests were 39.6% of all arrivals as the majority part (68.8%) of them spent the nights in 1, 2 and 3 and spent 2.6 nights on the average. The foreigner visitors were 450.0 thousand as 61.1% of them spent nights in 4 and 5 star hotels.
In June 2014, the total occupancy of the bed-places in accommodation establishments was 44.4% and the it was the highest in 4 and 5 stars accommodation establishments-58.5%, followed by 3 stars accommodation establishments-44.2%, and with 1 and 2 stars-25.8%.
In comparison with the same month of the previous year the occupancy of bed-places decreased by 2.5% as the greatest reduction was registered in the accommodation establishments with 3 stars-by 5.3%.
- » Coming Soon The New Book of Peika.bg: "Mystical Walks Around Bulgaria for Extraordinary Travelers!"
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: We have Always Supported the Construction of a 2nd Lift in Bansko
- » Violations in Bulgarian Winter Resorts Decreased
- » Bulgaria and Russia will Offer Joint Cruises in the Black Sea
- » In September 2017, 72.7% of All Nights Spent by Foreign Citizens Were Realized in 4 and 5 Star Hotels