PM Bliznashki Gives Up On Having an 'Elections Minister'
Bulgaria's interim PM Georgi Bliznashki has given up on the idea of having a minister, responsible for the organisation of the elections, said the government press office.
In an interview for the Bulgarian National Television public broadcaster, which will be aired Monday evening, Bliznashki will announce that he personally will oversee the organisation and co-ordination of the elections due on October 5.
On Sunday Krasimira Medarova, appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev for “Elections Minister” said she will step down, amid a public controversy surrounding her appointment.
According to Bliznashki, Medarova was a suitable nominee, but “we heeded the public criticism, however unfounded it may be, and decided not to create such a position.”
- » GERB, Reformist Bloc Leave Door Open for New Gov't Talks
- » CEC Fines DPS For Campaign Trail Solicitation In Foreign Language
- » Bulgaria's Parliament to Begin Work on October 27
- » Ataka's Volen Siderov Leaves Consultations at Bulgarian Presidency
- » Bulgaria's GERB, Reformist Bloc to Hold Gov't Consultations
- » GERB, DPS Talks on Government Formation Kick Off