Social Minister Wants Criminalisation of Default on Social Insurances
Bulgaria's caretaker Minister of Social Policies and Labour Yordan Hristoskov said he will propose again the criminalisation of non-payment of social insurances.
Hristoskov, who is a former head of the National Insurance Institute, told the Bulgarian National Television public broadcaster, that he has the impression that the National Revenue Agency is more keen on tax collection, rather than on social insurances collection.
According to Hristoskov, by the end of this week will start the meetings of the consulting body on pension reforms, which will draft a list of proposals for the next regular government. During those meetings he will formally propose the criminalisation of the non-payment of social insurances.
Last autumn the then-opposition GERB made a proposal for inclusion of defaults on social insurance payments as a criminal offence in Bulgaria's Penal Code. It, however, was overruled by Parliament.
- » Blast Rocks Ukraine President's Confectionery Chain Store
- » Bulgaria Justice Minister to Unveil Judicial Reform Proposals
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Sets Up Ad Hoc Committee on Draft Constitutional Amendments
- » Bulgarian Government Establishes National Anti-Corruption Council
- » Bulgarian Socialist Opposition Refuses Heading Constitutional Changes Committee
- » Bulgaria Customs Head to Manage Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing