Brightest Supermoon in 2 Decades to Be Observed Sunday
A full moon which could be seen from across the globe on Sunday will be perceived as 14% larger and 30 percent brighter than usual, scientists say.
Its phase will coincide with the moment when it has reached its closest point to the Earth, the National Geographic reports.
The phenomenon, also known as "a supermoon", will be most notable as the moon is rising.
The moon is not expected to shine with a similar brightness until 2034.
A total of five "supermoons" are expected this year. The first were on January 1 and 31, followed by July 12, and the last will be on September 9.
Meteor showers are also due this weekend, but only those currently far from big city lights will be able to enjoy them.
- » Hot in Some Places in the Afternoon in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures Reaching 25°C to 30°C
- » Moderate Magnetic Storm will Reach Earth
- » Powerful Earthquake in Romania
- » The Coming Days in Bulgaria: Sun until Noon, do not Forget the Umbrella in the Afternoon
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Forecast For Bulgaria Today, Rain and Thunder in the Afternoon
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C