Bulgaria's Capital Hosts Transport Federation Congress
Over 1700 delegates from 115 countries have gathered for the 43rd International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF) Congress due to kick off in Sofia.
Scheduled between August 10 and 16, the event is to take place at the National Palace of Culture (NDK).
Vice President Margarita Popova, interim Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki and major trade union representatives, Plamen Dimitrov and Konstantin Trenchev, are attending.
The ITF Congress is held once in four years, each time on a different continent.
The Federation of Transport Trade Unions in Bulgaria (FTTUB) worked hard to ensure that the country would host the international forum.
Unions from across the world are now expected to outline the ITF's agenda for the next four years and to choose an executive board, a President and his deputies.
According to the Bulgarian National Radio, this is the biggest trade-union event that has ever been held in Bulgaria.
For the first time the ITF Congress will be completely paper-free.
- » Cyclone "Albena" and the Snow are Going Away
- » The Actress Dafina Katsarska is One of the Two Women Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » Mother and a Daughter were Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » Extensive Guide for Upcoming Films in 2018 We are Excited About
- » Seamstresses from Dupnitsa Protest Because of Unpaid Wages
- » Precipitation to Continue in most of Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures from -1°C to 4°C