Bulgaria's Capital Hosts Transport Federation Congress
Over 1700 delegates from 115 countries have gathered for the 43rd International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF) Congress due to kick off in Sofia.
Scheduled between August 10 and 16, the event is to take place at the National Palace of Culture (NDK).
Vice President Margarita Popova, interim Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki and major trade union representatives, Plamen Dimitrov and Konstantin Trenchev, are attending.
The ITF Congress is held once in four years, each time on a different continent.
The Federation of Transport Trade Unions in Bulgaria (FTTUB) worked hard to ensure that the country would host the international forum.
Unions from across the world are now expected to outline the ITF's agenda for the next four years and to choose an executive board, a President and his deputies.
According to the Bulgarian National Radio, this is the biggest trade-union event that has ever been held in Bulgaria.
For the first time the ITF Congress will be completely paper-free.
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide
- » Personality in the News Awards 2017
- » US Billionaire Philanthropist David Rockefeller Dies at 101
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017