Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Woman Finds Live Worms in Cookie Package
- » Bulgaria Warns of Rising River Levels
- » Sofia Self-Immolator Lidiya Petrova Dies in Hospital
- » Four Taken To Hospital After Brawl at Bulgarian Refugee Camp
- » Man Sets Himself Ablaze in Bulgaria's Sandanski
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.5 on Richter Scale Rocks Southern Romania