Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Drunk Snow Plough Driver Might Have Caused Crash of Total CEO's Plane
- » Human Attitude Must Be Improved to Avert Natural Disasters - Red Cross
- » UPDATE-No Bulgarian Trekkers Missing in Nepal Mountains
- » Bulgaria to Use Foreign Expertise in Ammo Blast Probe
- » Shuttle Bus Driver Pulls Gun On Jaywalker In Sofia
- » Human Error Is Most Likely Cause Of Gorni Lom Blast