Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Two Die in Bulgaria as Hung Glider Crashes
- » Iraqi Girl’s Body Found in Danube River
- » Emergency Declared on Greece's Thassos Island over Wildfire
- » Fire Allegedly Caused by Migrants Rages On in SE Bulgaria
- » Four FRONTEX Staff Injured in Sofia Tram Crash
- » Supermarket Blast Leaves 1 Heavily Injured in Bulgaria's Pleven