Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Turkish Tourist Suffers Injuries While Skiing in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » AirAsia Flight QZ8501 Crashed Due to Ascending Too Fast
- » Fourteen Wounded in Bus Attack in Tel Aviv
- » Man Dies After Falling in Elevator Shaft in Sofia
- » Fire at Hotel in Bulgaria's Bansko Ski Resort Extinguished
- » Missing Bulgaria Intelligence Service ex-Head Surprisingly Returns