Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Israeli Nationals 'Attacked' Near Bulgaria Presidency
- » Body of Hiker Found in Bulgaria's Stara Planina
- » Massive Search Underway for Hiker Missing in Bulgaria's Stara Planina
- » Bulgaria Ranked 1st by Road Fatalities in Europe
- » Plane Crashes at Malta Airport, At Least 5 Victims Reported
- » Two Die in Bulgaria as Hung Glider Crashes