Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Incident at Arms Manufacturing Plant Kills Two in Bulgaria's Kazanlak
- » Fire Engulfs Petrol Station on Bulgaria’s Trakia Motorway
- » 4.2-Magnitude Earthquake Jolts Bulgaria's Nova Zagora
- » Miner Dies as Landmass Falls in Bulgaria's Madan
- » Crane Crashes down onto Petrol Station in Sofia, Injuring Two People
- » Bulgarian Police Detain Five Alleged Afghans over Shooting Incident in Sofia