Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Woman Finds Hand Grenade In Sofia
- » Sofia Woman Finds Hand Grenade at Her Door
- » Policemen, Firefighters, Rescuers Cooperate to Find Children Lost in Mountain
- » Series of Road Accidents in Bulgaria Result in Casualties, Injuries
- » Petko Sertov's Employer Denies Involvement in His Disappearance
- » Over 1000 Spots on Bulgaria's Roads at Risk of Landslides, Collapses