Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Motorway Crash Injures 21 Migrants in Bulgaria
- » State of Emergency Remains after Flood in Bulgaria's Rozino
- » Bodies of Two Young Men Found in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Ruse
- » Two Young Men Go Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Ruse
- » Sofia Police Detain Bulgarian National, Two Migrants after Scuffle
- » Body of Russian Tourist Found on Shore in Bulgaria's Sunny Beach