Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Passengers Wait for Hours on Planes at Plovdiv Airport
- » Strong Winds Cause Power Failure across W Bulgaria
- » Polish Man Facing Up to 15 Years in Jail over Plane Bomb 'Joke'
- » Wildfire Breaks out in Bulgaria’s Gabrovo Region
- » Wildfire near Bulgaria’s Smolyan Contained
- » Mountain Wildfire Rages near Bulgaria’s Smolyan