Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Volcano Villarrica Erupts in Chile
- » Vandalism Committed in Front of Blagoevgrad Mosque
- » Car Hits Bulgarian Schoolgirl at Pedestrian Crossing in Italy
- » Lift Set on Fire Hours Before Start of Bansko Ski World Cup
- » Loose Hose on Gas Cyllinder Sends People in Hospital
- » Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Burgas Airport over Sudden Death of Passenger