Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Wildfire in Southwestern Bulgaria Tamed, No Danger to Spread
- » Serbian Government Jet Failure Forces President Nikolic to Cancel Vatican Visit
- » No Version Ruled Out about Iganovo Blasts - Bulgaria Deputy EconMin
- » New Blast at Bulgaria Ammo Warehouse 'Deliberate', Officials Suggest
- » Ammo Depots in Bulgaria's Iganovo Rocked by Blasts Again
- » Investigation of Varna Hotel Collapse Continues