Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Passenger Train Derails in Central Bulgaria
- » Bus with 40 Japanese Tourists Evacuated after Being Stranded in NE Bulgaria
- » 'Somali Migrant' Dies While Trying to Cross Bulgaria
- » Trakia Motorway Reopened en Route to Burgas after Huge Traffic Jam
- » Hundreds Stranded on Roads after Chain Crashes Near Bulgaria's Burgas
- » Sofia-Varna Bus Crashes Leaving 3 Dead