Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Hungary Looking into Prague-Varna Bus Bomb Incident
- » Damage from Disasters Across Bulgaria Worth BGN 1 B in 2014
- » Czech Rep., Slovakia, Hungary Investigate Bomb Incident on Bulgarian Bus
- » Bomb Found in Bus Travelling Prague-Varna
- » Four Die in Hostel Fire Near Tokyo
- » Bulgarian Sailor Went Missing near Point Penmarc'h, NW France