Portugal Flag Carrier Strike Prompts Canceled Flights
Portuguese flag carrier TAP Air pilots are staging a 24-hour strike over work conditions, causing the cancellation of flights on Saturday.
The state-owned airline has canceled 36 of the 350 flights that were originally scheduled for Saturday, disrupting operations during the peak summer holiday period.
Nearly 27,000 customers had already been forced to change their date of travel, according to international media outlets.
The pilots, who called the strike for all day Saturday, claim their working conditions have deteriorated ahead of the airline's planned privatization.
- » Greece's SYRIZA, Independent Greeks Agree to Form New Gov't
- » Macedonia's Foreign Minister Visiting Albania to Boost Cooperation
- » SYRIZA Vows to Avoid Grexit as Talks Begin with Independent Greeks
- » Islamic State Claims to Have Killed One Japanese Hostage
- » SYRIZA, Independent Greeks 'Might Form Greece Gov't' Monday
- » Greek Election Results Prompt Mixed Reaction across Europe