Portugal Flag Carrier Strike Prompts Canceled Flights
Portuguese flag carrier TAP Air pilots are staging a 24-hour strike over work conditions, causing the cancellation of flights on Saturday.
The state-owned airline has canceled 36 of the 350 flights that were originally scheduled for Saturday, disrupting operations during the peak summer holiday period.
Nearly 27,000 customers had already been forced to change their date of travel, according to international media outlets.
The pilots, who called the strike for all day Saturday, claim their working conditions have deteriorated ahead of the airline's planned privatization.
- » Finnish Parliament Approves Same-Sex Marriage
- » Head of Lukoil Romania Refinery Charged with Tax Evasion, Money Laundering
- » Russian Navy Ships Conduct Drills In English Channel
- » Pope Francis To Arrive in Turkey on 3-Day Official Visit
- » Arseny Yatseniuk Elected As Prime Minister Of Ukraine
- » EU Commission Survives Vote of No Confidence in Parliament