Portugal Flag Carrier Strike Prompts Canceled Flights
Portuguese flag carrier TAP Air pilots are staging a 24-hour strike over work conditions, causing the cancellation of flights on Saturday.
The state-owned airline has canceled 36 of the 350 flights that were originally scheduled for Saturday, disrupting operations during the peak summer holiday period.
Nearly 27,000 customers had already been forced to change their date of travel, according to international media outlets.
The pilots, who called the strike for all day Saturday, claim their working conditions have deteriorated ahead of the airline's planned privatization.
- » Shooter Wounds Three at Florida State University
- » Serbia Strikes USD 1.2 B Loan Deal With IMF
- » 1.3 % of Eastern Europeans Live In UK - Daily Mail
- » EBRD Acquires Stake in Bucharest Bourse
- » Serbia's EU Membership Tied to Sanctions on Russia - Commissioner
- » Atlantic Council Summit in Istanbul to Focus on Energy Issues