Over 13,000 Drivers Sanctioned in Bulgaria in One Week
Bulgaria's traffic police imposed fines on more than 13,000 drivers in the first week of August only.
Officers have issued more than 2000 speeding tickets, and some 1500 drivers were sanctioned for not using seat belts or helmets, Nova TV informs.
A total of 450 people have been caught behind the wheel under the influence. Some 600 drivers did not have a valid driving license.
About 500 drivers got traffic tickets for right-of-way violations, as opposed to 502 pedestrians who were sanctioned for jaywalking.
In end-July, Bulgaria's Interior Ministry increased police presence on the roads countrywide due to the drastic increase of traffic accidents.
- » Bulgarian Movie Viktoria Released in the US
- » Bulgaria Has Second Highest Number of Smokers in EU
- » Preview of Game of Thrones Episode Featuring Zahari Baharov Now Released
- » Rudimental, Ella Eyre to Perform for Sofia Music Fans
- » Popovi Livadi Becomes Bulgaria's Newest Village
- » Illegal Constructions in Plovdiv's Stolipinovo to be Removed