Over 13,000 Drivers Sanctioned in Bulgaria in One Week
Bulgaria's traffic police imposed fines on more than 13,000 drivers in the first week of August only.
Officers have issued more than 2000 speeding tickets, and some 1500 drivers were sanctioned for not using seat belts or helmets, Nova TV informs.
A total of 450 people have been caught behind the wheel under the influence. Some 600 drivers did not have a valid driving license.
About 500 drivers got traffic tickets for right-of-way violations, as opposed to 502 pedestrians who were sanctioned for jaywalking.
In end-July, Bulgaria's Interior Ministry increased police presence on the roads countrywide due to the drastic increase of traffic accidents.
- » Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson to Open Plovdiv Salon of Arts in September
- » Motorway Crash Injures 21 Migrants in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Court Releases Migrant Hunter on Bail
- » New Sofia Metro Station Opens, Adding 15 000 Passengers
- » Azam Ali to Perform in Sofia in October
- » Bulgaria Filed 5 User Data Requests with Google in 2015