Over 13,000 Drivers Sanctioned in Bulgaria in One Week
Bulgaria's traffic police imposed fines on more than 13,000 drivers in the first week of August only.
Officers have issued more than 2000 speeding tickets, and some 1500 drivers were sanctioned for not using seat belts or helmets, Nova TV informs.
A total of 450 people have been caught behind the wheel under the influence. Some 600 drivers did not have a valid driving license.
About 500 drivers got traffic tickets for right-of-way violations, as opposed to 502 pedestrians who were sanctioned for jaywalking.
In end-July, Bulgaria's Interior Ministry increased police presence on the roads countrywide due to the drastic increase of traffic accidents.
- » A Man Threw himself in front of the Train Pernik-Sofia
- » Bulgarian Cultural Properties at Exhibitions in Moscow, Bratislava, Warsaw and Paris
- » Asian Festival in the Borisova Garden in Sofia in May
- » 20 People Suffered from Phenol Leak at a Chemical Plant in the Czech Republic
- » A Woman Smashed Police Patrols Vehicles and Wounded Policemen in Dimitrovgrad
- » Hot in Some Places in the Afternoon in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures Reaching 25°C to 30°C