Victims of Explosion at Kostenets Military Factory Improving
The severely injured victim of the blasts in the military factory in Bulgaria's town of Kostenets is out of a coma, Nova TV reported.
The 42-year-old employee of TEREM - Tsar Samuil military factory was one of the four blast victims who were hospitalized in Sveta Anna in Sofia. The other three TEREM workers suffered less serious injuries and their condition is improving.
Blasts at the ammunition disposal on Friday morning left a total of eleven people injured. The incident happened at around 8.40 am. Teams of doctors, investigators, police officers and firefighters were dispatched to the site.
Caretaker Defense Minister Velizar Shalamanov has ruled out risk of radioactive or chemical contamination after the blast.
An investigation has been launched into the incident under the supervision of the prosecuting authority.
- » Incident at Arms Manufacturing Plant Kills Two in Bulgaria's Kazanlak
- » Fire Engulfs Petrol Station on Bulgaria’s Trakia Motorway
- » 4.2-Magnitude Earthquake Jolts Bulgaria's Nova Zagora
- » Miner Dies as Landmass Falls in Bulgaria's Madan
- » Crane Crashes down onto Petrol Station in Sofia, Injuring Two People
- » Bulgarian Police Detain Five Alleged Afghans over Shooting Incident in Sofia