Victims of Explosion at Kostenets Military Factory Improving
The severely injured victim of the blasts in the military factory in Bulgaria's town of Kostenets is out of a coma, Nova TV reported.
The 42-year-old employee of TEREM - Tsar Samuil military factory was one of the four blast victims who were hospitalized in Sveta Anna in Sofia. The other three TEREM workers suffered less serious injuries and their condition is improving.
Blasts at the ammunition disposal on Friday morning left a total of eleven people injured. The incident happened at around 8.40 am. Teams of doctors, investigators, police officers and firefighters were dispatched to the site.
Caretaker Defense Minister Velizar Shalamanov has ruled out risk of radioactive or chemical contamination after the blast.
An investigation has been launched into the incident under the supervision of the prosecuting authority.
- » Plane Crashes at Malta Airport, At Least 5 Victims Reported
- » Two Die in Bulgaria as Hung Glider Crashes
- » Iraqi Girl’s Body Found in Danube River
- » Emergency Declared on Greece's Thassos Island over Wildfire
- » Fire Allegedly Caused by Migrants Rages On in SE Bulgaria
- » Four FRONTEX Staff Injured in Sofia Tram Crash