Victorious Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Toronto Masters Semifinals
Bulgarian top tennis player Grigor Dimitrov fought his way into the Rogers Cup tournament semifinals following a dramatic 3-set win over South Africa’s Kevin Anderson.
After losing the first set with 5:7, Dimitrov turned the tables on Anderson with 7:5, 7:6(6) in a match that lasted more than 3 hours, Friday. Both players got to double digits in aces, with Anderson serving 15 and Dimitrov hitting 10.
Dimitrov will now face France’s Jo-Wilfried Tsonga who defeated Brit Andy Murray and world number 1 Novak Djokovic in consecutive matches.
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria Claims Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Kazan
- » Ivet Lalova Claims Third Silver Medal for Bulgaria at Euro Athletics Championship
- » Bulgaria's Ivet Lalova Qualifies for 100 M Final at Euro Athletics Championship