Victorious Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Toronto Masters Semifinals
Bulgarian top tennis player Grigor Dimitrov fought his way into the Rogers Cup tournament semifinals following a dramatic 3-set win over South Africa’s Kevin Anderson.
After losing the first set with 5:7, Dimitrov turned the tables on Anderson with 7:5, 7:6(6) in a match that lasted more than 3 hours, Friday. Both players got to double digits in aces, with Anderson serving 15 and Dimitrov hitting 10.
Dimitrov will now face France’s Jo-Wilfried Tsonga who defeated Brit Andy Murray and world number 1 Novak Djokovic in consecutive matches.
- » World Football Elite Expected to Gather in Sofia in June
- » Bulgarian Athlete Becomes New Balkan Cycling Champion
- » Bulgaria's Top Tennis Players Retain WTA, ATP Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov 'Could Replace Coach'
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo