2 Bulgarian Teenagers Try to Scoop BGN 5M Jackpot with Fake Ticket
Two teenagers were detained in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna after attempting to collect the Sports Totalizator BGN 5M jackpot using a fake slip.
The two 19-year-olds tried to hack the Totalizator's database in order to manipulate the numbers, Bulgarian National Radio reports.
One of them was arrested after trying to collect part of the jackpot in an office of the Sports Totalizator in Varna. The second 'hacker' was also detained shortly after that.
The jackpot of June 26th draw came up to BGN 5 026 320, BGNES informs.
The teenagers were charged with attempted fraud. They were detained for 72 hours.
- » BGN 8M Drained by Credit Card Skimmers in 2013
- » Court Halts 'Lost Files' Trial Against Bulgarian ex-Socialist Leader
- » US to Extradite to Bulgaria Convicted Human Smuggler
- » Four Bulgarians Busted in Greece for Fake Money Distribution
- » 44-Year-Old Bulgarian Faces 10 Years in Jail in Austria for Drug Trafficking
- » Police Bust 2 Meth Labs, Cannabis Greenhouse in Sofia