Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency Head Resigns
Stefan Chaykov, Chair of the Management Board of the Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA), has resigned.
His decision to leave the post was made public in a media statement of the Regional Development Ministry late on Thursday.
Chaykov is the first senior public official to leave office during the term in office of the caretaker government.
The Regional Development Ministry assured that Chaikov had not been dismissed, stressing that his employment contract had been terminated by mutual agreement.
Chaykov is to be succeeded by Lazar Lazarov, who was RIA head during the term in office of the center-right GERB government.
Chaykov is leaving the sphere of public administration to run a business.
He was appointed Chair of the Management Board of RIA in August 2013.
- » Plovdiv Mayor Signs Contract for BGN 30 M Loan from EBRD
- » GERB Meets BSP Friday in Second Round of Coalition Talks
- » ABV Will Stay Out of Gov't, But Will Back Some GERB Policies
- » PF Urges Power Price Freeze, Anti-Crime Steps Ahead of Talks with GERB
- » Dimitar Vladimirov Appointed Deputy Head of State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
- » Subsidies for Political Parties in Bulgaria Up 10 Times in 10 Years