Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency Head Resigns
Stefan Chaykov, Chair of the Management Board of the Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA), has resigned.
His decision to leave the post was made public in a media statement of the Regional Development Ministry late on Thursday.
Chaykov is the first senior public official to leave office during the term in office of the caretaker government.
The Regional Development Ministry assured that Chaikov had not been dismissed, stressing that his employment contract had been terminated by mutual agreement.
Chaykov is to be succeeded by Lazar Lazarov, who was RIA head during the term in office of the center-right GERB government.
Chaykov is leaving the sphere of public administration to run a business.
He was appointed Chair of the Management Board of RIA in August 2013.
- » Director of Southwestern Unit of Bulgaria's Customs Agency Dismissed - Report
- » Repairs of Flood-Damaged Rail Infrastructure in Bulgaria to Cost BGN 3.2M
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Govt Replaces 7 District Governors
- » Bulgaria's PM Calls on Tsvetan Vasilev to Return to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Govt to Allocate BGN 750 M to Projects Affected by EU Funds Freeze
- » Bulgaria IntMin Proposes Fines for Municipalities over Floods