Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency Head Resigns
Stefan Chaykov, Chair of the Management Board of the Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA), has resigned.
His decision to leave the post was made public in a media statement of the Regional Development Ministry late on Thursday.
Chaykov is the first senior public official to leave office during the term in office of the caretaker government.
The Regional Development Ministry assured that Chaikov had not been dismissed, stressing that his employment contract had been terminated by mutual agreement.
Chaykov is to be succeeded by Lazar Lazarov, who was RIA head during the term in office of the center-right GERB government.
Chaykov is leaving the sphere of public administration to run a business.
He was appointed Chair of the Management Board of RIA in August 2013.
- » Bulgarian President to Hand Borisov Exploratory Mandate to Form Government on April 27
- » Every 3 Months, Parliament To Invite the Prosecutor-General To The Legal Affairs Committee
- » The Prosecutor's Office Investigates NEC's Consultancy And Legal Services Contracts
- » 3.5 km Queue of Trucks at Bulgaria’s Dunav Bridge 2 Border Checkpoint
- » Boyko Borisov: Opposition’s Statement That It Would Provide Assistance on Important Topics is Populism
- » Kornelia Ninova:'’We Are Worried About the Demographic Crisis and Poverty in Bulgaria’’