Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency Head Resigns
Stefan Chaykov, Chair of the Management Board of the Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA), has resigned.
His decision to leave the post was made public in a media statement of the Regional Development Ministry late on Thursday.
Chaykov is the first senior public official to leave office during the term in office of the caretaker government.
The Regional Development Ministry assured that Chaikov had not been dismissed, stressing that his employment contract had been terminated by mutual agreement.
Chaykov is to be succeeded by Lazar Lazarov, who was RIA head during the term in office of the center-right GERB government.
Chaykov is leaving the sphere of public administration to run a business.
He was appointed Chair of the Management Board of RIA in August 2013.
- » Bulgarian Trade Union Seeks Minimum Wage Increase to BGN 400
- » KTB Majority Shareholder to Demand Int'l Expertise on Bank Insolvency
- » Bulgaria PM Renews Calls on C-Bank Governor to Resign
- » Coalition Partners to Negotiate over Controversial Appointment
- » Bulgaria is Starting to Emerge from 2-year Political Chaos – Right-Wing Leader
- » Bulgarian Politicians Renew Dispute over Turkish-Language News