70% Of Bulgarians Pay Their Bills On Time - Survey
Only 70% of Bulgarians and Romanians pay their bills on time, shows a survey of the EOS collection company European Payment Practices.
They, however, are not straying far from the European average of 75%.
In Greece and Slovakia 71% of customers are punctual on their payments.
The most reliable customers come from Germany, where 83% pay their bills on time, and France, with 80% of customers.
At 34%, the reason most cited for poor payment practices is a temporary cash flow problem, followed by unemployment (22%), intentional non-payment (21%) and the economic situation (20%).
But respondents – 2600 financial experts from 12 European countries, polled by the TNS Infratest research institute - also specified another reason (22%) for late payment that has nothing to do with the customer’s ability to pay: They believe that many consumers in the B2C segment simply forget to pay their bills.
- » Reuters: Bulgaria to Open Eurobond Sales Roadshow on 16 March
- » Bulgaria Coalition Member Demands FinMin's Resignation over New Debt
- » Bulgaria’s Gross External Debt Exceeded EUR 39.5 B in end-December 2014
- » Bulgaria’s Banking System Posts January Profit of BGN 121 M
- » More Bulgarians Went on Business Trips, Holidays Abroad in January
- » EVN Proposes Rise in Electricity Prices of 6.98%