Consumer Confidence Falls in July - NSI
Bulgaria’s consumer confidence index dropped last month compared to its level three months earlier, the statistics office said on Wednesday.
The consumer confidence indicator was 4.3 percentage points lower in July compared to April, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said in a statement. The fall was due to diminished confidence of both urban and rural population, by 3.9 and 5.1 percentage points, respectively
The assessment of the general economic situation over the past 12 months has worsened by 9.0 percentage points in July compared to April, while the expectations about the next 12 months were 6.1 percentage points lower.
“Compared to April, the consumers’ assessments and expectations about the financial situation of their households are more unfavourable,” the NSI said.
The July survey has also recorded a rise in the number of those who expect Bulgaria’s inflation and unemployment to increase over the next 12 months.
Bulgaria's unemployment rate was 13% in the first quarter of 2014,down 0.8 percentage points from a year earlier.
Monthly inflation for June was negative at -0.4%. Year-on-year, June inflation was also negative at -1.9%.
- » Railway Forum 2016 Held in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Debt At BGN 23.048 B
- » First Sections of North Stream 2 To Be Ready in November
- » Anti-Refugee Protests To Be Held in Sofia, Varna, Yambol
- » Bulgaria MPs Set Up Committee to Investigate Fuels Market, Bobov Dol Mine
- » Tax Declarations To Be Filed Electronically Only As Of 2017