Consumer Confidence Falls in July - NSI
Bulgaria’s consumer confidence index dropped last month compared to its level three months earlier, the statistics office said on Wednesday.
The consumer confidence indicator was 4.3 percentage points lower in July compared to April, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said in a statement. The fall was due to diminished confidence of both urban and rural population, by 3.9 and 5.1 percentage points, respectively
The assessment of the general economic situation over the past 12 months has worsened by 9.0 percentage points in July compared to April, while the expectations about the next 12 months were 6.1 percentage points lower.
“Compared to April, the consumers’ assessments and expectations about the financial situation of their households are more unfavourable,” the NSI said.
The July survey has also recorded a rise in the number of those who expect Bulgaria’s inflation and unemployment to increase over the next 12 months.
Bulgaria's unemployment rate was 13% in the first quarter of 2014,down 0.8 percentage points from a year earlier.
Monthly inflation for June was negative at -0.4%. Year-on-year, June inflation was also negative at -1.9%.
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry Reports Surplus of BGN 1 066.6 M by end-April 2015
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Over 10 000 Jobs Were Created in Plants Opened in Past Few Days
- » DSK Bank, CIBANK to Provide Revolving Loan of BGN 80 M to Bulgaria’s FLAG Fund
- » Bulgaria’s Fuel Production, Imports Increase Substantially in March
- » Tokuda Bank AD Changes Owner
- » Bulgaria's Energy Regulator Proposes 2 % Increase of Electricity Prices from July 1