Bulgaria's Tourism Revenue On the Rise – Economy Ministry
Revenue from international tourism in Bulgaria in H1 2014 rose by 5.3% year-on-year, said the Economy Ministry.
It reached BGN 1.3 B. According to the World Tourism Organisation, the tourism sector in Bulgaria generates 13.6% of the country's GDP.
The number of foreign tourists who visited Bulgaria between January and June 2014 was 2 634 887 – by 5.7% more than in the same period of 2013.
According to the Economy Ministry report, the tourist industry is the fastest developing in the country and surpasses the average European rate of around 4.4%.
Recently the ministry approved a Strategy for Sustainable Development of Tourism till 2030, which aims at improving the competitiveness of the country in the global tourism market and attracting more solvent tourists, interested in cultural and historical artifacts.
- » Wizz Air Opens 28th Base in Varna
- » More and More Foreigners Work on the Black Sea Coast
- » Number of Violations Were Found Along the Northern Black Sea Cost
- » Minister of Tourism: 'Almost as Many Greeks Come to Bulgaria as Bulgarians Visit Greece'
- » DW: Bulgaria Expects a Busy Summer
- » 3 Commercial Establishments Near Varna City to be Closed