Bulgaria's Tourism Revenue On the Rise – Economy Ministry
Revenue from international tourism in Bulgaria in H1 2014 rose by 5.3% year-on-year, said the Economy Ministry.
It reached BGN 1.3 B. According to the World Tourism Organisation, the tourism sector in Bulgaria generates 13.6% of the country's GDP.
The number of foreign tourists who visited Bulgaria between January and June 2014 was 2 634 887 – by 5.7% more than in the same period of 2013.
According to the Economy Ministry report, the tourist industry is the fastest developing in the country and surpasses the average European rate of around 4.4%.
Recently the ministry approved a Strategy for Sustainable Development of Tourism till 2030, which aims at improving the competitiveness of the country in the global tourism market and attracting more solvent tourists, interested in cultural and historical artifacts.
- » Number of Tourists To Grow by 30% for Summer 2017
- » Bulgaria Posts EU's Biggest Growth in Tourist Overnights for 2016
- » New Sofia Public Transport 3-Day Tourist Pass Valid As Of October 1
- » Dutch Transavia To Launch Sofia-Amsterdam Flights
- » Sofia Attracts Over 500,000 Tourists So Far in 2016
- » Pensioners Account For 6% of Tourism Proceeds in Bulgaria