Kristalina Georgieva Expected to Be Named to New EC Wednesday
Bulgaria’s caretaker government is expected to nominate Kristalina Georgieva on Wednesday to serve in the next European Commission.
The nomination is expected to take place at the first meeting of the caretaker cabinet appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev on Tuesday.
Plevneliev has already said his government would propose Georgieva, the European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission, for a member of the new EU executive. He has also said that the caretaker government would propose that Georgieva be named the EU's foreign policy chief.
- » EU Adopts Bulgaria-Serbia Cross-Border Program worth EUR 34 M
- » Bulgaria to Participate in EU Operation on Tackling Human Traffickers in Mediterranean
- » Council of Europe anti-torture Committee Head Condemns Bulgaria’s Failure to Report Police Brutality Cases
- » EU to Allocate EUR 25 M to Bulgaria, Turkey for Cross-Border Cooperation
- » EU Allocates EUR 6.3 M to Bulgaria for Recovery after Severe Winter
- » PM Borisov Highlights Bulgaria’s Contribution to EU Security in Talks with Mogherini