Kristalina Georgieva Expected to Be Named to New EC Wednesday
Bulgaria’s caretaker government is expected to nominate Kristalina Georgieva on Wednesday to serve in the next European Commission.
The nomination is expected to take place at the first meeting of the caretaker cabinet appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev on Tuesday.
Plevneliev has already said his government would propose Georgieva, the European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission, for a member of the new EU executive. He has also said that the caretaker government would propose that Georgieva be named the EU's foreign policy chief.
- » Bulgaria to Get EUR 10.5 M Disaster Aid from EU
- » German Chancellor Promises Help, to Send Experts to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Evades 15% Cut to 2015 Turbot Quota
- » European Commission Seeks Turbot Quota Cuts for Bulgaria, Romania
- » Bulgaria Has Lowest Consumption Per Capita in EU – Eurostat
- » EU Monitoring on Bulgaria Should Be Suspended - FM Daniel Mitov