Kristalina Georgieva Expected to Be Named to New EC Wednesday
Bulgaria’s caretaker government is expected to nominate Kristalina Georgieva on Wednesday to serve in the next European Commission.
The nomination is expected to take place at the first meeting of the caretaker cabinet appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev on Tuesday.
Plevneliev has already said his government would propose Georgieva, the European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission, for a member of the new EU executive. He has also said that the caretaker government would propose that Georgieva be named the EU's foreign policy chief.
- » Bulgaria Faces 'Genuine Threat of Radicalization' - MEP
- » Bulgaria's VP-Elect Sparks New Row over Migrant Reception Centers
- » Bulgaria PM Leaves EU Commissioner Choice to Interim Govt
- » EC Vice President Georgieva Denies Charges of Conflict of Interest
- » New Bulgarian EU Commissioner To Be Announced in Early 2017
- » Bulgaria Deputy PM Hopes Govt Change Won't Affect EU Presidency