Kristalina Georgieva Expected to Be Named to New EC Wednesday
Bulgaria’s caretaker government is expected to nominate Kristalina Georgieva on Wednesday to serve in the next European Commission.
The nomination is expected to take place at the first meeting of the caretaker cabinet appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev on Tuesday.
Plevneliev has already said his government would propose Georgieva, the European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission, for a member of the new EU executive. He has also said that the caretaker government would propose that Georgieva be named the EU's foreign policy chief.
- » EP to Hold Hearing of Bulgarian Commission Designate on June 20
- » Sofia Welcomes Agreement About European Public Prosecutor's Office
- » Bulgaria Wants to be Free of EU Monitoring by End of 2018
- » A Bulgaria to Update Budget of its EU Council Presidency
- » Minister Liliyana Pavlova: 'Europe Will Exist, it is Important in What Format'
- » Bulgaria is on its Way to the Eurozone