Kristalina Georgieva Expected to Be Named to New EC Wednesday
Bulgaria’s caretaker government is expected to nominate Kristalina Georgieva on Wednesday to serve in the next European Commission.
The nomination is expected to take place at the first meeting of the caretaker cabinet appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev on Tuesday.
Plevneliev has already said his government would propose Georgieva, the European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission, for a member of the new EU executive. He has also said that the caretaker government would propose that Georgieva be named the EU's foreign policy chief.
- » Bulgaria is the Country with the Most Road Traffic Deaths
- » A Ministry for Bulgaria's Presidency of The Council of the EU Will Start Work on June 2nd
- » Secretary General Commends Bulgaria’s Contributions to NATO
- » Donald Tusk Welcomes Bulgaria’s Balanced Position on Macedonia
- » Maria Gabrial to become EU Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society
- » Jean-Claude Junker Decides Which To Be Maria Gabriel's Department