Kristalina Georgieva Expected to Be Named to New EC Wednesday
Bulgaria’s caretaker government is expected to nominate Kristalina Georgieva on Wednesday to serve in the next European Commission.
The nomination is expected to take place at the first meeting of the caretaker cabinet appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev on Tuesday.
Plevneliev has already said his government would propose Georgieva, the European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission, for a member of the new EU executive. He has also said that the caretaker government would propose that Georgieva be named the EU's foreign policy chief.
- » Financial Supervision Commission Chair, ECB Vice-President Discuss Troubled Bulgarian Bank KTB
- » EU to Unfreeze Payments Under Environment OP in Two Weeks
- » Public Transport In Sofia Cheapest In EU Capitals
- » New EU Food Label Requirements Come Into Effect In December
- » Bulgaria Increasingly Likely to Lose EUR 1.6B in EU Agriculture Funding
- » Bulgaria Should Brace for ‘Not Quite Positive’ EC Progress Report – Caretaker Minister