Kristalina Georgieva Expected to Be Named to New EC Wednesday
Bulgaria’s caretaker government is expected to nominate Kristalina Georgieva on Wednesday to serve in the next European Commission.
The nomination is expected to take place at the first meeting of the caretaker cabinet appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev on Tuesday.
Plevneliev has already said his government would propose Georgieva, the European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission, for a member of the new EU executive. He has also said that the caretaker government would propose that Georgieva be named the EU's foreign policy chief.
- » Yonko Grozev Elected as Bulgaria's Judge to ECHR
- » Bulgaria's Overall Progress 'Not Enough' - CVM Report Fascimile
- » Most Bulgarians Believe EU Should Continue Monitoring Progress
- » EU Commission Foresees No Compensation for Bulgarian Dairy Farmers
- » Bulgaria Loses Most Revenues From Illicit Cigarettes Sales in EU
- » Bulgaria Considering Anti-Arms Trafficking Centre to Boost EU Security