Kristalina Georgieva Expected to Be Named to New EC Wednesday
Bulgaria’s caretaker government is expected to nominate Kristalina Georgieva on Wednesday to serve in the next European Commission.
The nomination is expected to take place at the first meeting of the caretaker cabinet appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev on Tuesday.
Plevneliev has already said his government would propose Georgieva, the European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission, for a member of the new EU executive. He has also said that the caretaker government would propose that Georgieva be named the EU's foreign policy chief.
- » EU Asks Bulgaria to Comply with Rules for Energy Consumption of Buildings
- » EC Requests Bulgaria to Ensure Level Playing Field for Groundhandling Service Providers at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria Detains 56 Migrants Trying to Illegally Cross Into Serbia
- » Bulgarians 'Would Vote Remain' If Asked - Poll
- » Canada to Announce Visa Waiver Schedule for Bulgaria, Romania in Autumn
- » Bulgarian Exports to EU Increased by 3.3 % Y/Y in Jan-April