Kristalina Georgieva Expected to Be Named to New EC Wednesday
Bulgaria’s caretaker government is expected to nominate Kristalina Georgieva on Wednesday to serve in the next European Commission.
The nomination is expected to take place at the first meeting of the caretaker cabinet appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev on Tuesday.
Plevneliev has already said his government would propose Georgieva, the European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission, for a member of the new EU executive. He has also said that the caretaker government would propose that Georgieva be named the EU's foreign policy chief.
- » New Operational Program in Bulgaria to Improve SME’s Access to External Financing
- » Bulgaria Granted Citizenship to 808 Foreign Nationals in 2013 - Eurostat
- » EU Commission President Thanks for Bulgarian Contribution to Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria Ranked at Bottom of Migrant Integration Index
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 100 M to Juncker Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria’s Agriculture Fund Pays BGN 703 000 to Farmers Affected by Russian Embargo