Sofia-Plovdiv Railway Stretch to Be Reconstructed
The railroad connecting Bulgaria's capital Sofia and the second-largest city Plovdiv will enable trains to travel at 160 km/h, a national daily reports.
Milcho Lambrev, who heads the National Railway Infrastructure Company, also told Monitor that tracks between Sofia and the towns of Septemvri and Dragoman are also to undergo repairs.
About BGN 700 M have been set aside for the planned works, but reconstruction projects are yet to be drafted and the process is likely to take seven or eight years, Lambrev believes.
- » KTB Directors: BNB Report Is 'A Lampoon'
- » Deposits In Bulgaria's Banks Up BGN 531 M In September
- » Bulgaria Is Second Favorite Destination Among Russians
- » Bulgaria Threatens to Terminate Contract for Struma Motorway Lot 4
- » 20 Bulgarian Companies to Build Infrastructure for Qatar's 2022 FIFA World Cup
- » Audit Finds BGN 4.2 B Impairment Costs on KTB Balance Sheet, Bulgaria C. Bank Says