EUR 1.6M Allocated to Integration of Immigrants in Bulgaria in 2014
A total of nearly BGN 1.6 M has been provided for the integration of immigrants in Bulgaria in 2014 so far.
The funds were provided under European Fund for the Integration of Third Country Nationals at the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy, an entity set up in 2007, according to reports of Sega daily.
The program is open to a large number of applicants, including government entities, international organizations, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions and the media, research organizations and other civil society structures and competent legal persons.
In 2012, a total of over EUR 1.1 M was provided for the purpose, while the resources allocated to the sphere in 2013amounted to over EUR 850 000.
In 2014, two new branches of the program have been created, including opportunities for providing funding for activities aimed at attracting highly qualified immigrants and opportunities for creating and maintaining international contacts in the sphere of integration processes.
Under the scheme, six types of activities will be covered: activities aimed at attracting highly qualified immigrants, activities aimed at providing sustainability and support for the functioning of the existing information centers for immigrants, activities aimed at supporting the organization of training courses and flexible training arrangements for classes in Bulgarian language, civic orientation, Bulgarian history, traditions, customs, work and living conditions in Bulgaria, etc.
The deadline for the submission of projects with the Employment Agency is September 30.
- » ABV Leader Parvanov: We Will Settle On Non-Confidence Vote On Security Matters
- » Media Packages Of Up To BGN 40,000 To Cover Campaigns On National TVs, Radios Only
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment in August Hits Lowest Level of 7.7% Since October 2009
- » Every 20th Bulgarian at Age Over 80
- » Border Police, Prosecutor's Office Uncovers Organised Criminal Group for Human Trafficking
- » Four Policemen Arrested for Corrupiton at Kapitan Andreevo Checkpoint