Kristalina Georgieva Officially Is Bulgaria's EU Commissioner Nominee
Kristalina Georgieva officially was nominated by Bulgaria's president Rosen Plevneliev for a second term as Bulgaria's EU commissioner, report the Bulgarian-language media.
Her nomination will be officially made at the first meeting of the country's new caretaker government by the Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki.
Currently Georgieva is European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission and is among the favoured bidders for the position of High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy in the Jean-Claude Juncker commission.
- » European Left Hails Consolidation of Left Vote in Bulgaria
- » President Radev to Participate in Ceremony Marking 60th Anniversary of the Treaties of Rome
- » Donald Tusk To Visit Bulgaria in April
- » Bulgaria's Govt Approves Position for EU Summit Meeting in Rome
- » EP Adopts Resolution on Bulgarians in Albania
- » Expenses for Bulgaria's EU Presidency To Exceed BGN 50 M for 2017