Kristalina Georgieva Officially Is Bulgaria's EU Commissioner Nominee
Kristalina Georgieva officially was nominated by Bulgaria's president Rosen Plevneliev for a second term as Bulgaria's EU commissioner, report the Bulgarian-language media.
Her nomination will be officially made at the first meeting of the country's new caretaker government by the Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki.
Currently Georgieva is European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission and is among the favoured bidders for the position of High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy in the Jean-Claude Juncker commission.
- » EU Launches Proceeding on Agricultural Land Ownership Laws in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Fails to Address Shortcomings in Treatment of Prisoners, Conditions of Detention - CoE
- » Bulgaria to Get EUR 10 M EU Funding to Tackle Asylum, Migration, Integration
- » EU Commission VP Jyrki Katainen to Visit Bulgaria on April 16
- » Bulgarian Minister Complains of Shortage of Funding under OP Transport 2014-2020
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Launch Pilot Project on Intelligent Use of Black Sea