Kristalina Georgieva Officially Is Bulgaria's EU Commissioner Nominee
Kristalina Georgieva officially was nominated by Bulgaria's president Rosen Plevneliev for a second term as Bulgaria's EU commissioner, report the Bulgarian-language media.
Her nomination will be officially made at the first meeting of the country's new caretaker government by the Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki.
Currently Georgieva is European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission and is among the favoured bidders for the position of High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy in the Jean-Claude Juncker commission.
- » Bulgaria to Get Extra EUR 6 M for Border Protection from EU
- » Bulgaria Says Angela Merkel Pledges Support for Its Bid for Additional Help from Frontex
- » EC Appoints Bulgaria’s Charlina Vitcheva Deputy Director-General at Joint Research Centre
- » Bulgaria to Assume EU Presidency 6 Months Earlier
- » EC Takes Bulgaria to Court over Insufficient Protection of Endangered Birds
- » Bulgarian Army Ready to Boost Assistance to Police in Border Protection, Def Min Says