Kristalina Georgieva Officially Is Bulgaria's EU Commissioner Nominee
Kristalina Georgieva officially was nominated by Bulgaria's president Rosen Plevneliev for a second term as Bulgaria's EU commissioner, report the Bulgarian-language media.
Her nomination will be officially made at the first meeting of the country's new caretaker government by the Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki.
Currently Georgieva is European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission and is among the favoured bidders for the position of High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy in the Jean-Claude Juncker commission.
- » Bulgarian PM Discusses Energy Projects at EU Council
- » EU Provides Financial Aid for Integration of Immigrants in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Gets Nod for EUR 2 B in EU Funding for Transport Projects
- » More Than Half of Bulgarians Have Positive Image of EU – Eurobarometer
- » Bulgaria to Get EUR 10.5 M Disaster Aid from EU
- » German Chancellor Promises Help, to Send Experts to Bulgaria