Kristalina Georgieva Officially Is Bulgaria's EU Commissioner Nominee
Kristalina Georgieva officially was nominated by Bulgaria's president Rosen Plevneliev for a second term as Bulgaria's EU commissioner, report the Bulgarian-language media.
Her nomination will be officially made at the first meeting of the country's new caretaker government by the Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki.
Currently Georgieva is European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission and is among the favoured bidders for the position of High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy in the Jean-Claude Juncker commission.
- » EU Parliament Approves EUR 6.4 M in Flood Aid to Bulgaria
- » Decision on Schengen Bids of Bulgaria, Romania, Postponed Yet Again
- » Bulgaria to Receive EUR 6.4 M in Flood Damage Aid from EU Solidarity Fund
- » Bulgaria Moves to Align Its Refugee Legislation with EU Law
- » Bulgaria’s CIBANK, EIF Sign Deal to Provide EUR 100 M to SMEs
- » 1000 Bulgarian SMEs to Receive EUR 100 M in Loans Under EU Investment Plan