Kristalina Georgieva Officially Is Bulgaria's EU Commissioner Nominee
Kristalina Georgieva officially was nominated by Bulgaria's president Rosen Plevneliev for a second term as Bulgaria's EU commissioner, report the Bulgarian-language media.
Her nomination will be officially made at the first meeting of the country's new caretaker government by the Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki.
Currently Georgieva is European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission and is among the favoured bidders for the position of High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy in the Jean-Claude Juncker commission.
- » Bulgaria's PM Backs Sanctions Against Russia Due To Moscow's Actions in Syria
- » Bulgaria President Backs CETA Deal with Canada
- » Over 50% of Bulgarian Youths Live in Inferior Living Conditions
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers to Debate Govt Draft Stance on EU-Canada Deal
- » EU Audit Office: Bulgaria With Perfect Record in 2015 Cohesion Policy Projects
- » Bulgaria's PM 'Tables Renewed Eurozone, Schengen Talks' to Juncker