Kristalina Georgieva Officially Is Bulgaria's EU Commissioner Nominee
Kristalina Georgieva officially was nominated by Bulgaria's president Rosen Plevneliev for a second term as Bulgaria's EU commissioner, report the Bulgarian-language media.
Her nomination will be officially made at the first meeting of the country's new caretaker government by the Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki.
Currently Georgieva is European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission and is among the favoured bidders for the position of High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy in the Jean-Claude Juncker commission.
- » Bulgaria PM Leaves EU Commissioner Choice to Interim Govt
- » EC Vice President Georgieva Denies Charges of Conflict of Interest
- » New Bulgarian EU Commissioner To Be Announced in Early 2017
- » Bulgaria Deputy PM Hopes Govt Change Won't Affect EU Presidency
- » EU Commission Refers Bulgaria to Court over E-Documents
- » Juncker 'Hails Bulgaria's Role in EU' in Letter to President-Elect