Kristalina Georgieva Officially Is Bulgaria's EU Commissioner Nominee
Kristalina Georgieva officially was nominated by Bulgaria's president Rosen Plevneliev for a second term as Bulgaria's EU commissioner, report the Bulgarian-language media.
Her nomination will be officially made at the first meeting of the country's new caretaker government by the Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki.
Currently Georgieva is European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response in the outgoing European Commission and is among the favoured bidders for the position of High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy in the Jean-Claude Juncker commission.
- » EC to Approve Bulgaria’s Cross-Border Cooperation Programs in June
- » Bulgaria to Host Debate on EU’s Digital Single Market Plan Next Week
- » Jyrki Katainen: EU Plans to Encourage Development of Small and Medium Enterprises
- » European Commission Vice President to Promote Juncker Plan in Sofia
- » Frontex Ready to Help Bulgaria If Migratory Pressures Increase
- » Bulgaria’s Kuneva Discussing Schengen, Graft, Investment in Sweden