Caretaker Government Faces “Raft of Problems” - Reuters
The caretaker government of law professor Georgi Bliznashki appointed on Tuesday “inherits raft of problems to sort out”, Reuters noted in its coverage of the news.
According to Reuters, the most pressing problem facing the caretaker cabinet is “the fate of Corporate Commercial Bank”, KTB. Bulgaria’s fourth-largest bank remains closed since June 20 following a run on deposits and political parties are in disagreement to “what extent the bank's depositors and bondholders will be protected in a possible state rescue”
Other problems include sluggish economic growth, a diplomatic row over the South Stream gas pipeline and a sovereign credit rating downgrade in June.
Last week, Reuters reported that holders of USD bonds at KTB are planning to sue the government if the bond defaults and KTB is tipped into insolvency.
- » Bulgaria’s President: New Elections Are Not an Option
- » Bulgaria's GERB to Hold New Gov't Talks with Four Parties
- » GERB Starts Closed-Door Meeting to Discuss Gov't Options
- » ABV’s Kalfin Says GERB-BSP Coalition Could Provide Stability
- » Bulgaria’s GERB Party, ABV Movement Willing to Extend Coalition Talks
- » Bulgaria to Create Search&Rescue System for Aviation Accidents