Caretaker Government Faces “Raft of Problems” - Reuters
The caretaker government of law professor Georgi Bliznashki appointed on Tuesday “inherits raft of problems to sort out”, Reuters noted in its coverage of the news.
According to Reuters, the most pressing problem facing the caretaker cabinet is “the fate of Corporate Commercial Bank”, KTB. Bulgaria’s fourth-largest bank remains closed since June 20 following a run on deposits and political parties are in disagreement to “what extent the bank's depositors and bondholders will be protected in a possible state rescue”
Other problems include sluggish economic growth, a diplomatic row over the South Stream gas pipeline and a sovereign credit rating downgrade in June.
Last week, Reuters reported that holders of USD bonds at KTB are planning to sue the government if the bond defaults and KTB is tipped into insolvency.
- » President-Elect Radev To Visit Brussels First
- » Bulgarian Refugee Agency ex-Official Indicted over Willful Neglect
- » Bulgarian MPs' Silence Leaves Voting System Change to Next Parliament
- » Italian Military Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Sofia Airport
- » Plovdiv's Mayor Totev Suspended by Bulgarian Court
- » Bulgarian Carriers Ready for Counter Blockade in Case of Greek Farmers Protests