Velizar Shalamanov, Caretaker Minister of Defence
Velizar Shalamanov was born on December 24, 1961.
He has a master's degree in radio electronics from the National Military University in Dolna Mitropolia, a master's degree in management and organisation of operational and tactical intelligence from the Sofia Military Academy in Sofia and a doctoral degree in cybernetics from the Kiev University.
Between 1984 and 1998 he served as an army officer and as a head of the intelligence sector in the general staff.
Between 1998 and 2001 he was a deputy defence minister. In 2001-2009 he worked as an advisor to the chairperson of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences on national security and defence. Shalamanov also taught in various Bulgarian universities.
He has been director of various NGO's and NATO consulting agencies and a member of various committees.
He speaks English and Russian.
- » Repair Hinders Traffic on the Lyulin Highway
- » Tsvetan Tsvetanov: President Rumen Radev Looks Troubled and Envious of PM Borisov
- » 2140 are the Candidates for 74 Junior Magistrate Positions
- » Large Luggage Can Now Also Ride for Free in Sofia's Public Transport
- » The Ombudsman Organizes a Forum for the Protection of the Rights of Orphans
- » Establishments will be Closed in the Case of Systematic Violations of the Ban on Smoking