Iliyana Tsanova, Deputy PM for EU Funds Management
Iliyana Tsanova has been appointed caretaker Deputy PM for EU Funds Management.
She was born on January 19, 1976 in Sofia.
She holds an MA in Finance from the University of National and World Economy (UNWE) and has completed a postgraduate program in Financial Management at the George Washington University as a USAID fellow and the Georgetown University.
In the period 2001 – 2003, she was part of the auditing unit of Deloitte-Bulgaria.
From 2003 to 2014, she worked at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
In the period 2006 – 2014, she worked at the EBRD HQ in London.
She has rich experience in the structuring, negotiation and implementation of investments in equity and debt financing of infrastructure projects in Southeastern European countries, Ukraine and Russia, as well as in co-financing of EU-funded projects.
As an EBRD representative, she worked with governments and international financial institutions on the restructuring of public utility companies, the creation of regulatory bodies in the water sector, public-private partnerships, the structuring of innovative investment facilities in the sphere of infrastructure and fiscal decentralization.
She is Chair of the Board of Directors of the Western Balkans Municipal Infrastructure Development Fund.
She is a creator of the Fund for Local Authorities and Governments in Bulgaria - FLAG and an outgoing member of its Board of Directors.
In the period March 13, 2013 – May 29, 2013, she was Deputy Prime Minister for EU Funds Management in the caretaker government appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev.
- » Bulgaria's Socialist Leader Lashes Out at 1-Day Contracts
- » Author of Cartoons Taken Off Bulgaria TV Station Joins Slavi's Show
- » Bulgarian PM Slightly Lifts Veil On GERB’s Presidential Candidate
- » For First Time Woman Will Head Bulgaria's Penitentiary System
- » Bulgaria's Stara Zagora Also Bans Wearing of Face-Covering Veils in Public Places
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Provision Allowing Simultaneous Holding of Referendums, Elections