Political Scientist Rumyana Kolarova Gets Environment Portfolio
Rumyana Kolarova, the Minister of Education and Science in the new caretaker government.
She holds Philosophy and Sociology degrees from the Sofia University St Kliment Ohridski.
She has specialized at the London School of Economics and Political Science, at the New School for Social Research (New York, US) and at Florence's European University Institute.
Kolarova teaches Comparative Politics at the Sofia University and is the author of over 50 scientific publications.
She is also the Chair of the Center for Women's Studies and Policies.
On December 12, 2013 she was appointed the President's Secretary for Civil Society Relations.
- » Bulgaria’s Ex-President Parvanov Hints at Possibility to Run Again
- » New Deputy Agriculture Minister to Oversee EU's Fisheries Policy in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Garmen Braces for New Protest against Illegal Roma Dwellings
- » Bulgarian Socialists to Decide at Referendum on Left-wing Alliance for Presidential Vote
- » UNESCO Head Bokova Denies Speculation She Might Run for Bulgarian President
- » Bulgaria Socialists Name Legendary Film Actor as Deputy Chair