Political Scientist Rumyana Kolarova Gets Environment Portfolio
Rumyana Kolarova, the Minister of Education and Science in the new caretaker government.
She holds Philosophy and Sociology degrees from the Sofia University St Kliment Ohridski.
She has specialized at the London School of Economics and Political Science, at the New School for Social Research (New York, US) and at Florence's European University Institute.
Kolarova teaches Comparative Politics at the Sofia University and is the author of over 50 scientific publications.
She is also the Chair of the Center for Women's Studies and Policies.
On December 12, 2013 she was appointed the President's Secretary for Civil Society Relations.
- » Bulgaria’s President: Failure to Form Govt Would Lead to Disaster
- » Deputy PM Zaharieva: 78% of Regional Development Ministry Budget Spent in H1 2014
- » Witnesses Back Defendant in Bulgaria’s 2013 Illegal Ballot Papers Case
- » Liberals' Head Lyutvi Mestan Demands International Probe into KTB Affair
- » IntMin Employees to Stage Protest over Plans for Social Benefits Cut
- » Bulgaria Budget Miscalculated 'on Purpose' - President Plevneliev