Political Scientist Rumyana Kolarova Gets Environment Portfolio
Rumyana Kolarova, the Minister of Education and Science in the new caretaker government.
She holds Philosophy and Sociology degrees from the Sofia University St Kliment Ohridski.
She has specialized at the London School of Economics and Political Science, at the New School for Social Research (New York, US) and at Florence's European University Institute.
Kolarova teaches Comparative Politics at the Sofia University and is the author of over 50 scientific publications.
She is also the Chair of the Center for Women's Studies and Policies.
On December 12, 2013 she was appointed the President's Secretary for Civil Society Relations.
- » Bulgarian Trade Union Seeks Minimum Wage Increase to BGN 400
- » KTB Majority Shareholder to Demand Int'l Expertise on Bank Insolvency
- » Bulgaria PM Renews Calls on C-Bank Governor to Resign
- » Coalition Partners to Negotiate over Controversial Appointment
- » Bulgaria is Starting to Emerge from 2-year Political Chaos – Right-Wing Leader
- » Bulgarian Politicians Renew Dispute over Turkish-Language News