Political Scientist Rumyana Kolarova Gets Environment Portfolio
Rumyana Kolarova, the Minister of Education and Science in the new caretaker government.
She holds Philosophy and Sociology degrees from the Sofia University St Kliment Ohridski.
She has specialized at the London School of Economics and Political Science, at the New School for Social Research (New York, US) and at Florence's European University Institute.
Kolarova teaches Comparative Politics at the Sofia University and is the author of over 50 scientific publications.
She is also the Chair of the Center for Women's Studies and Policies.
On December 12, 2013 she was appointed the President's Secretary for Civil Society Relations.
- » Dimitar Vladimirov Appointed Deputy Head of State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
- » Subsidies for Political Parties in Bulgaria Up 10 Times in 10 Years
- » GERB, Reformist Bloc Take ‘Step Forward’ in Coalition Talks
- » Iva Yordanova Resigns as Deputy Head of Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
- » Bulgarian Socialists Ready for New Talks with GERB, Mikov Says
- » Bulgaria’s President: New Elections Are Not an Option