Martin Ivanov, Caretaker Minister of Culture
Martin Ivanov has master's degrees in history and law, and a doctoral degree in history from the Bulgarian Academy Of Science (BAS).
He has worked in the BAS and teaches economic history in the Sofia University and the Higher School of Insurance and Finance. Ivanova has 150 scientific publications and seven treatises in economic and social policies in Bulgaria from the 1970's onwards.
Between 2011 and 2013 he was head of the state Archives agency.
Since October 2013 Ivanov was appointed Presidential secretary of culture, education and national identity.
He speaks English and Russian.
- » Bulgaria's Last King Says He Won't Run for President
- » Bulgarian President Refers Six-Point Referendum to Constitutional Court
- » Bulgaria PM Says He Cannot Be 'That Useful' as President
- » Bulgarian Parliamentary Committee Adopts Ban on Face-Covering Veils
- » Bulgarian MPs Propose Relaxing Restrictions for Voters Abroad
- » Bulgarian PM Refrains From Revealing GERB's Presidential Candidate