Hristo Ivanov, Caretaker Deputy PM for Justice
Hristo Ivanov has been appointed caretaker Deputy Prime Minister for Justice, Internal Order and Security and caretaker Minister of Justice.
He was born on September 13, 1974 in Sofia.
He holds an MA in Law from the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski".
He completed specializations at the Fulbright/Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program, the Washington College of Law in the spheres of law, national security, and court appointment procedures in the US.
In the period 1996-2002, he was project coordinator in the sphere of judiciary and judicial reform within the American Bar Association's Rule of Law Initiative.
From 2002 to 2006, he was independent consultant on projects of international institutions, international technical assistance programs and private customers related to evaluating legislation and consolidation of the rule of law.
He has been Program Director of the Bulgarian Institute for Legal Initiatives since 2006, where he heads projects in the sphere of judicial reform, prevention of corruption and consolidation of the rule of law.
He has been registered as a lawyer since 2002.
He is fluent in English and Russian.
- » EU Commission VP Accepts UN Top Job Nomination from Bulgaria
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Appointed Head of Bulgarian Electronic Management Agency
- » BSP, Lyava Balgariya To Start Discussions On Non-Confidence Vote
- » DPS Leader Karadayi: Georgieva's Nomination For UN Secretary General Is Very Superficial Move
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls For Unity On New UN Secretary Nomination
- » BSP: Georgieva's Nomination For UN Secretary General Is Shame For Bulgaria