Daniel Mitov to lead Bulgarian Diplomacy
Daniel Mitov on Tuesday was named foreign affairs minister in Bulgaria's caretaker government.
Born in 1977, he graduated from the Sofia University "Kliment Ohridski'' Mitov has taken part in international exchange programmes of Marshall Memorial Fund and the „Programme des personnalites d’avenir” of the French foreign ministry.
In 2002 Mitov worked in the Political Academy for Central and Southeast Europe. In 2006 he became executive director of Bulgaria's Democracy Foundation and later he became deputy-chairman of right-wing party Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB).
Since the autumn of 2010 he has worked for the US National Democratic Institute - initially in Iraq. As an official NDI representative he has worked also in Libya, Yemen, Tunisia, among others.
- » 'Six Vying' to Head Bulgarian Socialist Party on Sunday
- » Bulgaria's Peevski 'Sold 3 Offshore Companies'
- » Bulgarian Nationalist Leader Tells Expats to Stop Badgering
- » Bulgarian Businessman Tables Fuel Prices Referendum
- » Bulgaria’s Daniel Mitov Discussing EU Enlargement, Migration, Energy on Croatia Visit
- » Buildings in Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna to Light up in EU Flag Colours on Europe Day