Daniel Mitov to lead Bulgarian Diplomacy
Daniel Mitov on Tuesday was named foreign affairs minister in Bulgaria's caretaker government.
Born in 1977, he graduated from the Sofia University "Kliment Ohridski'' Mitov has taken part in international exchange programmes of Marshall Memorial Fund and the „Programme des personnalites d’avenir” of the French foreign ministry.
In 2002 Mitov worked in the Political Academy for Central and Southeast Europe. In 2006 he became executive director of Bulgaria's Democracy Foundation and later he became deputy-chairman of right-wing party Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB).
Since the autumn of 2010 he has worked for the US National Democratic Institute - initially in Iraq. As an official NDI representative he has worked also in Libya, Yemen, Tunisia, among others.
- » Bulgaria’s Jobless Rate Dips to Post-2008 Low
- » Bulgaria Foreign Minister: Pisanchev Can Help Boost Cooperation on Migrants with Greece
- » Bulgaria Improving Defense Capabilities, President Believes
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Anti-Corruption Bill at First Reading
- » 16 000 Illegal Immigrants Detained in Bulgaria Since Start of Year
- » Bulgaria Boasts Highest Recognition Rate of Asylum Applications in EU